• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Accessories...

I have not seen anyone post up that mount being used on a Mossberg 464 but I would suspect that it should work. Worst case scenario the mount needs a little modification.

The retailer info says the item fits tube diameters of .540 to .590. I just measured my 464 and the mag tube is .640. YMMV

I just installed Uncle Mike's QD super swivels (#1391-2) for a sling.
The front is a split barrel band for the Winchester 94 & Marlin 336.
It fits the ammo barrel of the 464 just right.
I drilled the stock for the back stud. OK (not perfect ;) no drill press)

I'll post pic's later the weekend.

Lateck,

Nick98338 said:
Update on the Skinner Lo Pro rear sight... It ain't workin'. The sight will not get low enough to sight in well. With the sight down as low as it can go, shots are 8in high at 50yds. I wrote to the people at Skinner and they suggested that I get a taller front sight. So now, if anyone has suggestions on front sights, please let me know. I sent a message off to Lyman to see which of their products might work. I'm still interested in the Williams sights, if anyone has any info on them.

That is a common problem to have. Suprised you didn't have skinner send you a front sight to go with the rear. It's been a while since I've ordered a skinner sight, but Tim would include a front sight for an extra five bucks. As I recall it was a sweet deal because you could ask for any height you wanted or ask that he leave it long so you could trim it to the correct height.

New User, First post.

Contacted XS Sights about getting there Ghost Ring Hunting Sight for my 464. Got a response saying they will be available this year. They basically cover all Lever Action Manufacturers for this peep sight so its great to know that we will see one for the Mossberg 464!

Great rifle!

Welcome and thanks for the information. I know the mossberg 464 is on the list of rifles to pick up in the near future for me.

Bayonet mount for my 464

I have been wanting, for numerous reasons, to mount a bayonet to the end of my 464. I have come up with one option that I would like to share with everyone and I would like to see if anyone else as any other suggestions.

I used a UTG Universal TriRail Barrel Mount,$12, cut out the inside portions and clamped it to the end of my barrel. I then purchased a set of picatinny quick release scope mounts. I found a cheap survival knife that the scope mount fit. I am working on making a different knife I have be able to use the scope mount, so for the time being this survival knife looks nice. I think that I will ultimately make make a knife guard that will fit on the flash suppressor. As you can see the quick release mount fits nice on the end of the knife and allows me to unscrew the end cap for access to the survival goodies.

Attachments

• spx bayonet full view.JPG
    spx bayonet full view.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 739
  • spx bayonet closeup.JPG
    spx bayonet closeup.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 737
  • spx bayonet grip.JPG
    spx bayonet grip.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 739
Re: Bayonet mount for my 464

Is the new knife going to be mounted with more "beef" ? I think right now the way it sits now it might not be stable enough.
there a company called Jantz Knife supply...
http://www.knifemaking.com/
They have knife making parts. Bolsters, guards, pommels...you name it...they have it....maybe you could find a guard there you can adapt...

It looks cool though with the rambo blade.....keep us posted..

Re: Bayonet mount for my 464

Here are what my bayonet options are. I originally wanted to figure out a way to mount a bayonet lug on the 464 and then I came across the tri rail clamp. the set up right now is surprisingly stable, the quick release rail mount provides a very tight fit, better than a bayonet lug in my opinion. But to make the bayonet fully functional I need the knife guard to attach to the flash suppressor.

Thanks for the site, I will check it out and see what other options I can come up with. I am trying to do this project with items people can buy and not have to modify too much, but I am planning on using the damascus knife blank in the picture for my gun, which is going to require a custom handle and a solid way to attach, probably going to still use the quick release clamps.

I appreciate any input anyone has on bayonet mounting and use. I have little experience with bayonets.

Attachments

• bayonets.JPG
    bayonets.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 712
I installed Uncle Mike's QD swivel kit(1391-2), it's a perfect fit. They don't list the 464 on the description, but the magazine clamp is right on.

I also changed out front & rear sights....Marbles Bullseye on the rear & a KNS 3/8" hooded cross-hair on the front. No problems changing the front, but had a heck of a time getting the rears out & the new Marbles in the dovetail. Had some issues selecting the correct height for the front sight, but works great now. My only hang-up on the sights now is how the Bullseye stands up so high. I'd really prefer a flip-up peep for the rear, and looked for one, but everything I saw was designed to mount aft of the hammer(where our tang safety is). If I've missed one out there that will mount on the 464's dovetail or scope holes somebody let me know.

Jeff

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/612/612521.jpg

Here's a pic of mine with the Uncle Mike's swivel kit....

Front swivel split ring mount....

Rear swivel stud mount....

Oh, & here's that Marble's rear site installed. In order to sight it in with that shortest KNS front I had to raise the Marbles Bullseye up to the 2nd highest position...

You can see where I would really like to find a flip up rear. That Bullseye is way out there!

Jeff

Here's a pic of mine with the Uncle Mike's swivel kit....

Front swivel split ring mount....

Rear swivel stud mount....

Oh, & here's that Marble's rear site installed. In order to sight it in with that shortest KNS front I had to raise the Marbles Bullseye up to the 2nd highest position...

You can see where I would really like to find a flip up rear. That Bullseye is way out there!

Jeff
How do you like that bullseye sight.

I just installed Uncle Mike's QD super swivels (#1391-2) for a sling.
The front is a split barrel band for the Winchester 94 & Marlin 336.
It fits the ammo barrel of the 464 just right.
I drilled the stock for the back stud. OK (not perfect ;) no drill press)

I'll post pic's later the weekend.

Lateck,
Thanks
I have been looking for that info because two sizes are shown in Amazon

I put a Skinner Lo-Pro peep on my 464 and it works great. Much better than the factory rear sight for me. I drifted the factory rear sight out and plan on replacing it with a Lyman #12 slot blank to fill in the dovetail. You have to drift the front post for windage adjustment (like most iron sights), but once you get it set then you're good to go. Sooner or later I'll get some pics of my setup and see if I can figure out how to post them.
Hi,
I have skinner peep sight on my Henry H001 .22 and one on my Marlin 45/70 GBL....both sights have adjustments for windage and elevation.

does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount a sling to the stainless 464? The fore grip is too thin to use the studs that I bought. Nobody seems to make a stainless clamp that will mount to the mag tube.

Not sure if Uncle Mikes has a stainless sling mount but they have a split ring clamp that fits on the loading tube. I have one and it works just fine. I also saw some on this thread.

Back