• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 R.I.P.

funny how management at different outfits cause "make or break" decisions with products..

henry basically copied the marlin design and has made millions..

ruger took marlin, name and all, from a failing remington, re-made the 1895 for modern production and smacked it out of the park..

i have a "plain jane" 464 and it is everything i could want in a truck gun chambered in 30-30.

it wears skinner sights with an xs scout rail sporting a relatively inexpensive hi-lux ler scope - this set-up and my by-the-book handloads with a hornady 170gr pill readily delivers less than two inches, sometime when the planets align, almost an inch accuracy at 100yards.

nowhere near my 6.5 creedmoor, but for something riding in back with my dog buddy, more than enough...

I have a 2019 model year SPX, functions flawlessly, will still purchase another if I can find one.
I have a 2012, first gen 464 SPX. Mine also has worked flawlessly. The price of these guns have went up an surely will go up more. I'm glad that I jumped on mine as soon as I saw it.

I've been thinking. Lots of newer lever guns have popped up in the last few years. The Marlin dark series, ruger has their hand in it, Henry has made new guns. Maybe Mossberg's sales were down on the 464, and this is their way of bowing out. Either way, I'm keeping my Spx.

Back