• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

If I slip a cog and go Mad Max retro road warrior I'd want a 464SPX. Other than that I'm not sure what the heck I'd do with it. I guess when they start doing this ^^to a lever action, assume the tactical thing has really gotten way out of hand.

we wouldn’t be talking here right now if Sitting Bull had some of these...on a side note when my gun got stolen, the sergeant said there was a HD situation down the road from me where the home owner held the guy at gun point while he waited for the cops to show up....Winchester 30-30.

Ahhh, maybe I was a bit too harsh, I dunno?
I can say that the 454 SPX is a departure form your typical lever action.

The tri rail looks good. It retains the classic lever action look while affording rails.

The stock? It looks functional, I dunno there are a lot of options, why they chose to go with a 6 position colapsable stock that give it a dogleg look is a mystery.

I think a stock that transitions from the plastic grip area into a tublular skeleton andretains the classic lever action profile would have been just as good.

I'm not even going to lie, I kinda want one. The purpose; not really sure. Basically its a, why not have one? I would probably use it as a truck gun as I've got loads of 30-30 ammo. Make fun of me all you want, I've been a noob on other forums, I can take it.

Now the whole Zombie ammo thing, that's another story...

Edit: why does a .22LR need a muzzle brake?

22 wouldn't need a muzzle brake, but having a threaded barrel is a required feature for those of us who own silencers so that is one good thing they have going for them.

Provided that the threading is 1/2-28 tpi on the 22 models and 5/8-24 on the 30 caliber versions.

I expect that the threading is standard sizes if they're using readily available AR15/AR10 flash hiders respactively, but I haven't heard anyone verify that.

If the threading is correct/proper industry standards, I would be interested in one of these guns if I could get a threaded barrel, but traditional wood furniture. They can keep their tactical black plastic stuff. I don't want any part of that.

rjpoog, you wont be ridiculed here for that! ;) I kinda feel the way you do... dont know why I would want one, just weirdly attracted to them.

It'll be a while.

Most products that are introduced at SHOT don't show up in stores for at least six months. Heck, they announced the Mossberg MMR rifles back in Jul 21, 2011 and they've yet to be seen at retail.

The 464SPX is one of several new firearms recently introduced that I'm following with interest. Along with the Ruger 1911, Gunsite scout and Savage 11/111 Hoghunter. :)

The list grows :lol:
I'm probably gonna wind up picking up a 464 somewhere along the line. Would like to see a 464 marinecoate with a 16.25 barrel and straight hardwood stock.

I don't really like it. I guess it because I am an old cowboy and I like the old wood stocks and such. I don't know when I was younger every time you saw a rifle it had a wood stock and forearm. So I say no thanks.

Just like the chain saw/hedge trimmer shotgun a weapon in search of a purpose.

I'll pass and leave the range if one shows up

my .02

I've got a very nice collection of wood and steel levers, mostly JM Marlins, , no REP's in the bunch...Still haven't seen a mossberg, ahhh....tactical 464 lever on the LGS shelves yet...drums fingers, taps foot...still waiting....lol

The Future of Tacticool (see where I am from we don't have cappuccino makers hanging from our rifles, fact is, it is damn hard to get an AR style firearm! This SPX will fill a gap in the market and will make a lot of us big kids act like little kids).

Oh the possibilities and yes I think it would be a hoot to have one to play around with.

The idea being (well for me) butt in right shoulder, left hand holding onto the fore grip for dear life (more pull into the body with the AR style grip, yeah keep it tight!), right hand able to cycle lever and fire weapon without having to move this lever gun away from shoulder like a bolt action, hence upsetting aim. Not as quick as an AR mind you is the only downside. But you make do with what the powers that be allow right?

This then allows for the options of the laser dot, flashlight, underslung grenade launchers ;) , yes the possibilites are only limited to your mind, your wallet and the strength of your arms :lol:

Attachments

• 464 SPX.jpg
    464 SPX.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 2,192
I hear ya, but that thing is crazy lookin!!! And rather creative! :D

I vote for option B.

Remember the Nintendo Power glove? It was the next big thing too. Way too complicated for the purpose at hand and a great example of just because you can, doesn't mean you should...

Back