• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Just checked it out on your site.

I already have a fore end I like.
Also, I think I would like it to fold the other way.

Do they have one like that?

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

You said you didn't want a "swinging" stock, so i didn't think you wanted a folder. The only ones I know of all fold either over the top, or to the left side. If it folded to the right, it would block the election port and not be usable in the folded position if needed.

Sent from HTC One (M8)

I didn't realize it would block the ejection port. Damn.

I know which one I want now.

You have the one I am looking for.
I will try to put in an order tonight.

I ordered the stock I want this morning.

I will post pictures once I get it and install it

The only ones I know of all fold either over the top, or to the left side. If it folded to the right, it would block the election port and not be usable in the folded position if needed.

Both Choate Machine & Tool and Butler Creek make right-side folding stocks that don't interfere with ejection.

http://i.imgur.com/fSLYWiM.jpg
fSLYWiM.jpg

TmQprLC.jpg

Thank you Jackal, I will keep that in mind. I didn't know that. But the one in question was the ATI stock.

Sent from HTC One (M8)

Anyone know if the Hogue 12 inch LOP stock comes with a new bolt, or do you just use the factory Mossberg stock bolt?

It's been a while, but I don't think it comes with one. I know I used the factory bolt on both of mine...

I bought a Hogue 12 inch LOP set at a gun show and the package was pretty messed up. I opened it before I bought it and it was definitely unused, but no stock bolt. My Hogue set for my Remington 870 came with a new replacement bolt.

I only paid $45 for the new set, so I feel a little better now.

Thanks Sniper!

I posted this but probably under the wrong thread, my apologies to the group. I hesitate to post twice, but...

I acquired an older model 500 12ga. pump which was really "WELL USED." I replaced the firing mechanism with a new firing mechanism; and the forend and stock with a Hogue overmolded stock and forend. I really like the Hogue stock and forend, but since that time, tore a rotator cup so became recoil sensitive. I have investigated aftermarket recoil pads and have settled on the Limbsaver or Kick Eez. This lends itself to two questions:

1.) Has anyone replaced the recoil pad on a Hogue overmolded stock with a Limbsaver or a Kick Eez recoil pad, and

2.) If you have replaced the recoil pad as described above, what is the model number of the Limbsaver/Kick Eez recoil pad you installed on the Hogue overmolded stock.

You help is greatly appreciated

I wanted to retain the home defense aspect but still be able to shoot without killing my wrists with the pistol grip only and went with the butlet creek skeleton folding stock

BTW, if anyone is looking for a different type of folding stock, Fab Defence (Mako) also makes one that can be configured to fold either to the left or right. I actually have this one for sale.

a7c40461bc8d7c858977103fb8e99ef9_zps51cb0427.jpg

I need to buy something cheap with an adjustable stock for my Maverick 88 (same stock as the 500), the one that it came with is fine for me but my wife tried to shoot it for the first time last weekend and it was at least a couple inches too long for her. My local Walmart sells a Knoxx or possibly Black Ops I can't remember exactly adjustable stock with forend combo pack for $75. This isn't bad but I don't need the forend. Any suggestions for the best CHEAP stock with adjustable LOP?

Regardless of the forend, I'd steer clear of the Knoxx SpecOps stock unless you're using an optic.

Without a stock drop spacer it can be next to impossible to get a proper line of sight to a standard bead sight. I'm a big fan of ATI stocks. Their basic Shotforce adjustable stock is a good place to start looking...

http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotguns/mossberg/six-position-shotgun-pistol-grip-stock-with-buttpad

There is also their Akita adjustable stock which provides the adjustable length of pull in a standard, non pistol grip, stock profile...

http://www.atigunstocks.com/mossberg-akita-adjustable-stock

Regardless of the forend, I'd steer clear of the Knoxx SpecOps stock unless you're using an optic.

Without a stock drop spacer it can be next to impossible to get a proper line of sight to a standard bead sight. I'm a big fan of ATI stocks. Their basic Shotforce adjustable stock is a good place to start looking...

http://www.atigunstocks.com/shotguns/mossberg/six-position-shotgun-pistol-grip-stock-with-buttpad

There is also their Akita adjustable stock which provides the adjustable length of pull in a standard, non pistol grip, stock profile...

http://www.atigunstocks.com/mossberg-akita-adjustable-stock
Thanks, I will still be on the lookout for a used stock someone tried and didn't care for but if I end up just buying one new I will take your advice and stay away from the Knoxx SpecOps.

Back