• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

Re: Newbie here looking for stock/pistol grip advise

wow thanks alot guys. I'm impressed on how many people jumped in. I read all the reviews about ATI products. I have 3 that im lookign at: scorpion pistol grip only, talon pistol grip and adjustable stock combo or the pistol grip/adjustable stock side folding.

I just have to decide. I'm also trying to figure out how to install a flashlight to it. I don't want anything fancy since it will be for HD. I think i will need a new foreend with picatiny rails on it to make it work. Thanks guys.

Like I was saying, with the ATI you can have the best of both worlds. When you install the stock adapter plate (see the first picture below) it's just a matter of sliding the stock or pistol grip onto the plate and tightening the one screw (see the second and third picture below).

p339674561-4.jpg

p139758780-4.jpg

p67441752-4.jpg

thanks for the pics. im going with ATI. Any feed back in ATI foreend with picatiny rails?

I have the ATI 6 Position Stock with the Talon Tactical Forend pictured below. It's a pretty good setup. I modded it to have a full rail on the bottom so I could use a Magpul Angled Forgrip on it.

Stock forend:
DSCN0255.jpg

Modded forend:
2011-09-19143015.jpg

If your not the diy type of guy and just want to buy a product with the full rail check out ATI's 5 sided forend.
239_1_.jpg

239_2_.jpg

239_3_.jpg

Im thinking to go with MAKO 3 rail forend. I will like the long rail at the bottom.

Don't know anything about the mako forend, but have you looked at the Ergo railed forend?

I've used one for about 4 years now. I've never regretted buying it.

John A. said:
Don't know anything about the mako forend, but have you looked at the Ergo railed forend?

I've used one for about 4 years now. I've never regretted buying it.

Not bad at all. Now you got me thinking lol

Re: Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHO

I'm pretty sure i clicked every single stock link in the post. and even google image search a bunch of the non linked ones. did i miss it? idk.but... which one is this ....

bWlE3l.jpg

ok I went with ATI Talon 6 position adjustable stock. I order the whole stock only. I want to see if I can get around the stock pistol grip and not having to buy the pistol grip only option. I'm just waiting on it to ship along with a tact star side saddle and a bead night sight.

I havent decided on the fore end yet but is either the mako or the ATI aluminum one.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock Buttstock OPTIONS CHOICES

Well I haven't used the Mako one yet but I do have the aluminum ATI one; I would certainly recommend it if you are contemplating it.

DHonovich said:
Well I haven't used the Mako one yet but I do have the aluminum ATI one; I would certainly recommend it if you are contemplating it.

Is the ATI fore end comfortable with the rails on it?

I think the ATI forend with picitanny inserts is a bit more comfortable but the aluminum version is what remains on my Mossberg 500!

Ok so I finally got the ATI talon pistol grip/stock piece. I installed in the mossy 500. It look nice and its very sturdy. I do have an issue that might make me return it. The pistol grip is too thick and my thumb don't reach the metal safety to be able to rack the shotgun from a normal stance and grip. I have to twist my hand almost underneath the adjustable stock to reach it. Everytime I do that I have to break my stance and aim.

I was wondering if they make an extended lever that can be replaced and maybe solve this issue. If I'm not happy with it I might buy a Knoxx pistol grip/stock combo that someone is selling locally or maybe just the regular ATI pistol grip/stock.

I could probably grind off some of the plastic in that area and make it more comfortable but I'm not sure if the grip is hollow. I kinda of affraid that if it doesn't work then I'm stuck with it. Any suggestions guys? Has anyone else had this issue?

I also have another question. The pics that i see of the scorpion stock pad are different from what i got. The box even says scorpion pad on it.
Here are some pics
Is this the right pad? I'm making sure I didn't get an open item.
IMGP1916.jpg

IMGP1914.jpg

IMGP1918.jpg

IMGP1921.jpg

I ordered mine just a few months ago and the pad on yours looks different than mine. It looks like they just changed the mold design though ... shouldn't affect usability. Maybe post up your question in the ATI vendor section or wait till their rep sees this post.

2011-09-19143015.jpg

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I ordered mine just a few months ago and the pad on yours looks different than mine. It looks like they just changed the mold design though ... shouldn't affect usability. Maybe post up your question in the ATI vendor section or wait till their rep sees this post.

2011-09-19143015.jpg

I just ordered me one today. Hope to try it out soon.

tnxdshooter said:
Sn3aKyGuY said:

2011-09-19143015.jpg

I just ordered me one today. Hope to try it out soon.

Does anyone know if you can use the side mounted shot carrier with the cheek piece?

Back