• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Action Tube Size

rarrieta

.22LR
Hey all, noob here. Looking into the Mossberg 500 18.5 in pump action (SKU #54124) with a polymer stock, ribbed forend, and a pinned breacher choke. I’m looking to swap out to a Woox forend and stock and need to know what size the action tube is. Most of what I read it seems it would be the 6.75in action tube size, but I’m worried it might come pinned, like the Maverick 88. Anybody have experience with this model? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_3466.jpeg
    IMG_3466.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3468.jpeg
    IMG_3468.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 2
Your easiest approach to make certain is to pull the barrel and measure the tube length plus you can check the rail configuration.

With the gun unloaded and checked just pull back the forend about half way and unscrew the the barrel retainer and the barrel will slide right out. You then have easy access to view and measure the tube.

Regards

Your easiest approach to make certain is to pull the barrel and measure the tube length plus you can check the rail configuration.

With the gun unloaded and checked just pull back the forend about half way and unscrew the the barrel retainer and the barrel will slide right out. You then have easy access to view and measure the tube.

Regar

Regards
Great thanks! I’ve posted a pic to verify, would this be considered 6.75?

Attachments

• IMG_3489.jpeg
    IMG_3489.jpeg
    303.8 KB · Views: 9
Nope. Mine is 6.75 from the back of the action bar pin point to the end of the nut…and I’m still a noob after 3 years on this site…lol. welcomeIMG_3573.jpeg

Last edited:
Mossberg 500s have two different tube lengths which are measured from the beginning of the threads to the rear of the tube assy.

The short ones typically measure from 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 inches

The longer tube assy measures from 7 5/8 to 7 3/4 inches.

Your measurement looks good at approximately 7 3/4 inches. Good Job.

Regards

rarrieta, please post an new member introduction thread when you have time and it will generate many welcomes. We're always glad to see new members.

We have folks with decades of experience with not only Mossberg but most types and brands of weapons and folks here are always willing to help out.

Beyond that let me join Rodburner in Welcoming You to the Forum!

Regards

Mossberg 500s have two different tube lengths which are measured from the beginning of the threads to the rear of the tube assy.

The short ones typically measure from 6 1/2 to 6 3/4 inches

The longer tube assy measures from 7 5/8 to 7 3/4 inches.

Your measurement looks good at approximately 7 3/4 inches. Good Job.

Regards
Thank you for the reply and the info! I’m glad I asked, I assumed mine was the shorter version. Good thing I didn’t order the parts yet LOL

rarrieta, please post an new member introduction thread when you have time and it will generate many welcomes. We're always glad to see new members.

We have folks with decades of experience with not only Mossberg but most types and brands of weapons and folks here are always willing to help out.

Beyond that let me join Rodburner in Welcoming You to the Forum!

Regards
Copy that, thank you! I’ll get right on that and include an avatar and a little intro. Happy to be here among y’all!

Back