• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 ATI Tactical Scorpion 2016

Mouse9mm

.22LR
Question, I'm new here and actually new to shotguns (I'm a pistol guy and just got into shotguns).
I got brought home the Mossberg 500 ATI Scorpion 12g, love it so far.
I had a question when I was looking into getting a sling (prefer single point).

On the Mossberg site, it states that: "Sling mounting options include a single-point sling mount insert above the grip (can face left or right, or switched to flush) and QD socket on the recoil pad."

Well, I know I have the QD socket on the recoil pad, but do not have the single-point mount insert above the grip? I see it in website pictures, but on my shotgun, it was not there. So not sure is Mossberg eliminated this piece or what. Anyone have any ideas?

And the QD quick disconnect socket on the stock recoil pad, is that secure enough to trust the sling to hold the shotgun with this connection?

Hi.

Welcome to the forum!

Can you provide a photo of your buttstock and rear receiver?

I'm somewhat knowledgeable about these things but with so many variations out there I like to see what I'm analyzing.

Here are the pics. You can see, I dont have the single point sling mount like the Mossberg webssite states and shows in their pictures. :(

Attachments

• 20161007_072815.jpg
    20161007_072815.jpg
    611.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20161007_072808.jpg
    20161007_072808.jpg
    1,008 KB · Views: 22
I installed an ATI stock on my 500, and I believe I had a sling mount spacer that was included. I don't know if that spacer was included with the scorpion package. I attached a pic of the contents of my stock, but can't tell if the sling mount spacer is visible.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    890.4 KB · Views: 12
I installed an ATI stock on my 500, and I believe I had a sling mount spacer that was included. I don't know if that spacer was included with the scorpion package. I attached a pic of the contents of my stock, but can't tell if the sling mount spacer is visible.

Yeah, cant see the sling mount spacer in the pic. But thanks for sending it. So if your not using the spacer, do you use sling? And do you use the quick disconnect hole on the stock itself?

Yeah, cant see the sling mount spacer in the pic. But thanks for sending it. So if your not using the spacer, do you use sling? And do you use the quick disconnect hole on the stock itself?
This is my HD gun and don't use a sling. I do have a single point sling on another 590

Back