• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Bullpup

I recently aquired this 500 Bullpup. Mossberg authenticated the serial# as being an original factory bullpup that was manufactured in 1987. From what I understand, they were produced in small numbers from 1986 to about 1990 or 1991. It's barely been shot and is in excellent condition. I'm looking for an owners manual if anyone has one or knows where I can get one. (Mossberg said they don't have any manuals or downloadable copies.) Thanks.

008-8.jpg

007-9.jpg

I too have been fortunate enough to purchase a Mossberg Bullpup also.

It had a maverick sticker on the left side, just above the trigger guard.

Mine came with a manual.

I had one of those until the Canadian Government made the Bullpup illegal. I had to chuck the stock. I put a pistol grip on it and that is legal - go figure! I may still have a manual for it if you haven't found one. It will take some looking though to find it.

I've had my Bullpup in storage since 2001. Bought it from a guy who lost the original Owner's Manual. I called Mossberg home office last year and spoke with a real helpful lady who said she'd locate one, reproduce it and the send it to me free of charge! I received it about 7 days later. Unfortunately, the copier they used was too 'inky' leaving the pics in the manual so dark you couldn't tell what parts they were describing. It was a very nice act of customer service regardless.

Having said that, the web has many different citizens with YouTube videos showing the breakdown and operation of the Bullpup. Some are very well described and you shouldn't have any trouble finding what you need to know.
:)

Back