• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Cerakote??

Komodoj

.270 WIN
Anyone know what color Cerakote matches the 500 Gloss black/blue that they use? Not the Matte finish one but that gloss version? Ty in advance.

Agreed that Socom Blue is probably the closest you'll get. I almost went with H-238Q (Midnight Blue) for my Mossberg 500 ATP-8, but chose Graphite Black instead. I kinda wish I went with Midnight Blue because I prefer the cosmetics of a blued shotgun.

https://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/finishes/H-238Q/midnight-blue/

Here's my 500 with Graphite Black. The color/gloss doesn't show well in a photo (of course) but it's better than nothing. Google image search for H-238Q turned up a lot of examples that look like it might be a really solid choice for a blued/glossy coating. The biggest drawback, and why Cerakote can never truly match a blued finish, is that Cerakote will cover up all of the grain in the steel. No way around it. One of the great beauties of a blued finish is being able to see the metal's grain.

500-ATP8.jpg

Last few scatterguns I have "painted" have been with Norrells Moly Socom Black.

I've used a lot of firearm finishes, and I like it better than most of the others for some things.

Don't know whether or not it maches what you are wanting.

It's more of a dull satin black, perhaps a hint of metalflake in it.

Thank you all for the feedback. Think I'll try the Socom blue. I wanna stick with Cerakote since it's the best finish I have encountered with all my guns?

Back