• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Classic 50126

Orion6

Copper BB
Hey all,

Have kind of been salivating over this since they released it a couple of years back - love the walnut stock and jeweled bolt, along with that classic red recoil pad. Problem is, nobody around here ever has one in stock and like a lot of Mossberg's pics, I'm thinking the stock photos may not do it any justice.

Just wondering if any of you have one and what your thoughts are on it? I currently have the standard field model 500 with a Hogue stock set on it (kept my wood), but would like to have a more traditional wood model to keep/pass down.

Any pics would also be appreciated. :)

Most of these models are produced in limited runs and discontinued relatively quickly. Your best bet is likely on auction sites like gunbroker.com...

No, it's a current catalog model. I just wondered if anybody had one. Plenty of them out there for sale online, just nobody sells them locally.

It is a beautiful shotgun. Hinterland has it for $365. Deep blue and glossy. Makes my 80's 500As look like old used tools.

I bought mine through Davidson's, aka, galleryofguns.com. Folks knock the 500's all the time saying they're unattractive. I disagree big time. If you like fancy wood & plenty of engraving don't get a Mossy. But even without all that I think both the basic 500 Field (I've that in a 20) & the upgraded Field Classic (I've that in a 12) look great.

Thanks guys. I've added some Hogue furniture to my standard 500 (50120) so I'd like a prettier walnut version while they're being made.

Back