• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

How's the ATI Standard Heatshield?

The local Dunhams has the ATI Standard Heatshield in stock. I was thinking I would get the Mossberg heatshield, but both Mossberg and MidwayUSA are out of stock. Does the ATI Standard Heatshield fit the 500 pretty good? Does it slide or move at all when shooting? Reviews on Amazon seem to be kind of mixed.

http://www.atigunstocks.com/hr-accessor ... hield.html

Re: How's the ATI Standard Heatshield?

We carry the deluxe version in our online store and have received positive feedback. We test most items that we sell and we had no issues on this. Being that the difference between the two is the sights I'm sure the standard version is just as good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Rankings said:
old mossy said:
I can see the big smile from here. :D
that smile is bigger now :lol:

before and after:
9902014836_8e3e99b4cb_c.jpg

some thoughts...
Installation is very easy and straightforward. Just follow the instructions and do not over tighten that torx bolt that came with it.
Being a left hand shooter, activating the slide release lever is not a problem for me. All I have to do is move my index finger back a little to reach it...very easy and fast! I can see how this becomes an extra step with right hand shooters. I had someone try it and he had to take his thumb off the the grip to reach the lever with his right middle finger. He has normal sized hands and it might be possible for someone with gigantic hands to reach the lever with thumb, but then again you only have to do this once. Safety- no way around it, gotta take your hand off the grip to reach it.
Overall I am very pleased with this mod. It might not be for everyone but its definitely for me. Hopefully it holds up for a long time.

Looking good, we threw your picture on our Facebook page for everyone to see!

If anyone weighing their options has any questions we have our own section on Mossberg Owners. Feel free to stop by and drop us a line.

Thanks guys. I went ahead and bought the heat shield from Dunhams. It was a bit of a PITA to install, and I scratched it some. That was more my fault than anything. Anywho, the shield looks great. It's a good way to finish off my 500.

Thanks! I had an idea pop into my head. Is there a paint I can purchase that is a match for what is on the heat shield so I can touch up the scratches I made? I suppose it probably isn't a priority since it will probably get scratched again with use anyway. I'm just miffed I scratched it while it's still so new.

thanks fellas :)
so far I'm still having a blast with the Talon stock. I've gotten used to it and really comfortable with it now so no complaints here :D

Itsricmo said:
Ranking's that is a really nice looking shotgun!

any plans for that rail on top??
thanks
you know that's a very good question because right now I'm kinda stuck and still on the fence about what I want to put on there or put anything at all since I don't really want to overdecorate the gun. :|

couple more pics (sorry if I'm posting too many pics of my shotgun :mrgreen: ):
10086118293_a9f4bdf2ce_b.jpg

9940328545_81e98bfc63_c.jpg

,,,nice lookin' shotty.

no such thing as too many shotgun pics. :D

Absolutely no such thing as "too many shotgun pictures" lol

As far as a sight... I would not get a "reflex" style red dot. That is strictly based off of bias, personal preference to lower profile stuff. Bushnell and Aimpoint have a few "micro dots" that are excellent and work like a charm. The Relfex sets the sight plane up really high and I feel like even with a cheek riser you are stretching your neck. But you can always try something and return it later if you don't like it lol

Itsricmo said:

As far as a sight... I would not get a "reflex" style red dot. That is strictly based off of bias, personal preference to lower profile stuff. Bushnell and Aimpoint have a few "micro dots" that are excellent and work like a charm. The Relfex sets the sight plane up really high and I feel like even with a cheek riser you are stretching your neck. But you can always try something and return it later if you don't like it lol

I concur with Scrimo... Alot of times the sight plane gets really high. One thing you got going for you though is that AR style stock. I know the mesa stocks will get your cheek up a little higher, I would imagine the ATI one does the same. For the $$ a decent red dot cost, you could always get some Ghost rings installed if you wanted to. Those can also get tricky with sight plane heights but with the ATI stock I'd bet youd be line up perfect. BTW, the lowest sitting ghost rings I've use on a mossy were the OEM ones.

@ itsricmo- "Buy & return later..." Who does that... :shock::p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

@ itsricmo- "Buy & return later..." Who does that... :shock: :p

haha absolutely no one! I have never commited such a monstrosity to society :) But thank god for walmart taking back literally everything in almost any condition!!! :lol:

Itsricmo said:
@ itsricmo- "Buy & return later..." Who does that... :shock: :p

But thank god for walmart taking back literally everything in almost any condition!!! :lol:

Amen to that! I'm here right now returning some left over Nail Polish from a project.. I think I'm going to get some odd looks...LOL..

jimmycrackcorn said:
Itsricmo said:

I concur with Scrimo... Alot of times the sight plane gets really high. One thing you got going for you though is that AR style stock. I know the mesa stocks will get your cheek up a little higher, I would imagine the ATI one does the same. For the $$ a decent red dot cost, you could always get some Ghost rings installed if you wanted to. Those can also get tricky with sight plane heights but with the ATI stock I'd bet youd be line up perfect. BTW, the lowest sitting ghost rings I've use on a mossy were the OEM ones.

@ itsricmo- "Buy & return later..." Who does that... :shock::p

really appreciate the suggestions guys! Lol @ "buy and return later" :lol: I wanna comment on it more but I wont because I...never mind :mrgreen:

Back