• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

kagenb03 said:
Rankings does the ati talon reduce the felt recoil like it says they do?
Unfortunately i didn't have any range time with the oem stock because it was immediately replaced with the Talon stock...what i can say (based on personal experience) is that the ATI stock has good recoil and overall feel. I shot about 60 rounds using variety of shells and i was fine and ready to go for more :)

Rankings said:
kagenb03 said:
Rankings does the ati talon reduce the felt recoil like it says they do?
Unfortunately i didn't have any range time with the oem stock because it was immediately replaced with the Talon stock...what i can say (based on personal experience) is that the ATI stock has good recoil and overall feel. I shot about 60 rounds using variety of shells and i was fine and ready to go for more :)

60 and ready to go for more is what we like to hear!

I recently installed the ATI Talon stock and took it out shooting. 75 shots of birdshot was nothing. Then I fired off a few slugs. The only regret I had was not bringing out more slugs.

I just got an ati 6 positioning stock with scorpion recoil pad can't wait to put it on just waiting on my new barrel and I have get a new forend. Anyone got any suggestions for a good forend with picatinny rail on all three sides?

Yes! I've been looking for a good forend for about a year. Then, I noticed other shotguns started popping up with this tri-rail made by ergo. The spacing on it is perfect, its aluminum, and its full length. Here's what I did with mine. I love how it looks and feels. It also isn't as heavy as I thought it may be. Amazon has them at a discount price. Be sure to order the full length one. I ordered the short one thinking it would look better....wasn't even thinking about the slide sticking out the end. So far, its tight enough that it doesn't slide back in forth. I'm racking it with no looseness of the tri-rail.

Also, I see ATI has one that looks nice. I may try it on my next shotgun. http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?p=131023#p131023

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382099890868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382099890868.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 282
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382099906334.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382099906334.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 281
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382099918458.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382099918458.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 278
Thought I would share my really low-budget solution for mounting a flashlight to my 500...

Started by putting the calipers to all the critical dimensions of the barrel and tube on my 500 Persuader. Then I made a couple of life-size paper templates, just for kicks and to be sure everything was going to fit. I then utilized the CNC technology at the shop and a chunk of black UHMW polyethylene to produce the 3/4" thick bracket. Polyethylene has some machining forgiveness and will not scratch the firearm. A stepped hole and a quick zip with a jigsaw makes a slot between the light hole and the ammo tube hole to allow for clamping the mount wherever I want on the body of the light and ammo tube. And I can still change the barrel in 10 seconds with no tools required...!

photo1_zpsd573b1eb.jpg

PB070001_zps168af8e8.jpg

PB070002_zps1e8dbf1e.jpg

PB070003_zps1fbc8f2f.jpg

PB070006_zps1e14b92b.jpg

So, just how much does a CNC Machine cost? :D

Nice work... And, Those are Marketable!! :idea:

Very cool

I wonder what the plastic will do a it heats up from firing many shots as i know barrels can get quite hot after multipul rounds go through

Nice work, but what's giving you tension to hold the flashlight... and mount to the barrel? I'm curious to hear how this holds up to a few mag tubes worth of 00 buck. Not a nay-sayer, just throwin' it out there ;)

Wow! I like it. Good concept, as long as it holds sufficient tension to keep everything in place.

If you make a few more I'll buy a couple to try. Seriously!

Nice. Looking forward to seeing how it holds up.

You done good.

That's a decent looking mount.

aksavanaman said:
Nice work, but what's giving you tension to hold the flashlight... and mount to the barrel? I'm curious to hear how this holds up to a few mag tubes worth of 00 buck. Not a nay-sayer, just throwin' it out there ;)

There is a jigsaw slit between the mag tube hole and the light hole. In the bottom, I threaded a 6-32 screw that draws the slit closed and effectively clamps down on both the light and the mag tube. The flashlight was $3 at my local Lowes store.

I have no intentions of selling these anywhere at any time for 2 reasons. #1 is liabilities and #2 is the fact that not all Mossberg 500's have the same dimensions. I gave one to a friend with an older 500 and his barrel is much bigger in diameter than my two are. It's a one-trick pony, but I'm willing to upload a DXF file if anyone wants to make their own...

It has survived 7 rounds of #4 and 00 buck thus far. Nothing got hot enough to melt anything at that point. The only part the touches the barrel is there as an anti-rotation device. Even if it melts through, and everything else fails, it is still not going to fall off the firearm... The light may rotate down to the 6-o'clock position, but it shouldn't fall off. In any event, a shootout in my house won't last that long anyway, regardless of the outcome...

View from the bottom:
PB070004_zpsf5e706b9.jpg

nitesite said:
Wow! I like it. Good concept, as long as it holds sufficient tension to keep everything in place.

If you make a few more I'll buy a couple to try. Seriously!

Sad you won't be considering going into business with these but I understand your reservations. If you ever decide to make a go of it commerically let us know. I'd be game to try it.

Re: Any recommendations for a light mount that affixes to ma

I personally don't like anything clamping against the barrel. The lower one looks pretty substantial. I found something similar on eBay that has 3 rails and two bolts. Seems to be working well. Ive got a streamlight mounted on one side and quick release sling mount on the other. Stays tight. And secure

Back