• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Sling and mount for my Persuader

Threre might be a steel insert or some sort of heli coil in there. Didnt look that close at mine since I wasnt worried about thread count. I havent heard of threads pulling out on these. Got to be a stress spot on the gun though

Yeah, my next one is going to be the 9-shot 590A1 (51663 or 51668) and I tried to find out what the receiver is made of on those, but didn't see anything: I read the catalog and looked online at Mossberg. It has been suggested that I move to 9 rounds and I'm easy to convince. :D

that sounds like an outstanding idea....make the 6 shot a simple HD and the 9 shot the outdoor combat/bear/bore gun?....since you shouldnt need 9 for HD? Since you will have both thats the way I see it working....but thats me

The other way around. I have the 500/6 tricked out with adj stock, side saddle, pic rail, truglo front optic, tactical light, and sling. That's a lot of stuff that sticks out all over the gun. Also the 500 weighs less than the 590, so it would make a better field gun. (I'm thinking slugs, and deer and hogs at night down here in TX)
I believe the 590A1/9 with a std stock (maybe a speedfeed for 4rds more) and ghost rings, no sling, no light, would be easier to deal with in a hot situation: more sleek and slender. And most of all, 9rds (I am a believer in "withering firepower"). I know, one rd of 00 buck should take care of business, but in home invasions, they often come in twos and threes and I want to be able to serve everyone that comes to the party.
And since I sleep with two Glocks (can't beat 16rds of 10mm in one and the backup of 14 of .45 in the other) I might as well sleep with two Mossbergs. :D Nobody paranoid here, right?

Check out the accessory on this Mossy 500...

Was at my LGS today and saw this transfer the shop owner was taking in for someone. I couldn't believe my eyes, but it's for real and fully functional. Sorry 'bout the crappy cell phone pic...

Colt AR-15a2 w/under-mounted Mossberg 500a

Somebody's been playing WAY too much Call of Duty...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Check out the accessory on this Mossy 500...

Was at my LGS today and saw this transfer the shop owner was taking in for someone. I couldn't believe my eyes, but it's for real and fully functional. Sorry 'bout the crappy cell phone pic...

Colt AR-15a2 w/under-mounted Mossberg 500a

Somebody's been playing WAY too much Call of Duty...

I've seen these before, on the "CAR-15", but never with this long a barrel, usually just a 3 shot deal with a barrel to match.

Nice find!

Mossberg 590 A1 VCS Safety
p733205489-4.jpg

VCS Stainless Steel Mag Follower
p600467747-4.jpg

VCS Detachable Side Ammo Carrier (DSAC)
p615599890-4.jpg

p706574682-4.jpg

p569937657-4.jpg

p960580257-4.jpg

I've been wanting to try a different follower to see if it really makes much difference, so I'll be watching to see what you think!

I havent, but my daughter Allison is wanting something like this!

hello all,
I'm a new guy and want to get a light for my cruiser for HD. I have a tri rail forearm but really don't want to put it on a side rail becx then it would fit in my ideal resting place for HD. Is putting a light on the bottom rail of the forearm a bad idea? Should I look at getting it as an underbarrel instead?

Thanks

It can go under the barrel. Ideally, the light should go as close to the muzzle as possible to lessen shadows cast from said muzzle.

There is here and there lots of info on lights too. Using a light may require a skill set which for some includes a bit of training and understanding the light isnt intended for navigation as much as target ID. As well as being pros with using a light, there can also be unintentional side affects, like giving up where you are exactly.

So moral of the story;
read what we have, you may have to do some diggin, try the search feature... See if it meets your needs to add a light.

Thanks for the advice... I checked out some of the talk on using a light and now will weigh the considerations.

Re: Limbsaver Snap on 10019

good question! i always wanted to ask that. been looking around for
a limbsaver that i can use for my 500 that came with an ATI adjustable
stock.

TAGGED!
:cool:

I have a slip on one in large and it just doesn't sit right on there. I haven't had a chance to shoot my 500 with the ATI Talon yet, is the felt recoil really not fixed enough that you'd need a limbsaver to boot?

I think Ripjack uses the slip on recoil pad with the BlackHawk on his 835. So, thats neither the ATI nor is it the snap on recoil pad... still looks pretty good though!

That was my thought, but when I installed the ATI and put my slip on Limbsaver on it didn't match up with the pad underneath and created a bulge around the entire Limbsaver pad. I'll get a picture when I get home from work. I'll try shooting with it on there next time I get out, but I have a feeling if you don't get it mounted just right it's gonna kick off to one side or the other and cause more pain then it saves. If that makes sense.

Back