• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: Limbsaver Snap on 10019

Which version of the ATI stock do you have?

322.jpg

With that version I am not sure I would want to change out the recoil pad for a limbsaver. It does a pretty darn good job compared to limbsavers that I have used.

I don't have the one pictured I guess it's 1st generation version. Its the model that comes on the tactical 500

Does it look like the one that was just posted above?

Yea, but like I said I haven't got to shoot it yet. I already have a LimbSaver for the wood (stock) stock so I was just gonna test it out with and without it. It just doesn't look right on there though. The snap on one may give a little more recoil cushion, but I'm guessing not a HUGE amount.

I have an ATI SPG0100 pistol grip stock on mine (20ga). I fitted a regular Limbsaver to it - not a slip on.
It made a world of difference for me. The original pad was like a rock.

Texas_Made said:
I don't have the one pictured I guess it's 1st generation version. Its the model that comes on the tactical 500

then it should look exactly like mine.

958b9b97.jpg

EDIT: sorry for the crappy photos, i used my phone plus its dark for its already late.

ladytech777 said:
I have an ATI SPG0100 pistol grip stock on mine (20ga). I fitted a regular Limbsaver to it - not a slip on.
It made a world of difference for me. The original pad was like a rock.

From what I hear Limbsaver knows what there doing. But I dont know if the Fixed stock has the same dimensions as the adjustable lop stock.

astroboy said:
here is the other side. do we have the same ATI stock texas_made?

28f21bd1.jpg

Yes sir that's the one. I say you buy the " snap on "Limbsaver and let us know how it works for you.
:D

Idk why they named it snap on it looks more like a press/stretch on..

It goes on like a cell phone cover. A iPhone 4 cell phone to be exact.
From what I seen it's a tight fit.

I want one.

Texas_Made said:
Yes sir that's the one. I say you buy the " snap on "Limbsaver and let us know how it works for you.
:D

Idk why they named it snap on it looks more like a press/stretch on..

It goes on like a cell phone cover. A iPhone 4 cell phone to be exact.
From what I seen it's a tight fit.

I want one.

so basically you are asking me to be the guinea pig? LOL! :shock:

honestly, i do not mind. as of now, i am trying to find a place that
carries that particular limbsaver locally. i already went to turners
but they do not have it. i will swing by a different branch of turners
and go to bass pro shop as well.

i want the purchase to be local so if there are any issues with the fitment
i can return it without the hassle of shipping.

Amen on the shipping hassle! I bought a 5.11 Rush MOAB 10 and because LA Police Gear doesn't say on their site that it comes with the clips to attach it to my 5.11 Rush 24, I ordered a set. I decided to keep the extra set and use them for something down the road because returning stuff online sucks!

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Amen on the shipping hassle! I bought a 5.11 Rush MOAB 10 and because LA Police Gear doesn't say on their site that it comes with the clips to attach it to my 5.11 Rush 24, I ordered a set. I decided to keep the extra set and use them for something down the road because returning stuff online sucks!

I KNOW! check this out, i purchased a hard to find holster. so since it
was hard to find, it was kinda pricey. i searched high and low on the
internet just to make sure that i get the best deal available. i found
one that was relatively cheap.

ordered online.

they shipped it, was bulky but i'm good for since it was expensive
shipping was free.

alas, i ordered the wrong one!

shipped it back. did the math and found out that i actually spent more
time and $$$ now because i had to ship a bulky item back. i am sure
that this has happened several times not just to me.

sorry if its OT.

Why different pump tubes?

So the 500 has 6-3/4" and 7-3/4" pump ("action slide") tubes (and Maverick has none)--Why the different pump tube lengths? Any advantage to either or?

Re: Why different pump tubes?

The best I can figure on the different lengths;

In some cases, youth shooters, the design is one in which the forend actually comes back over the receiver slightly. The forend is the same length, but the tube is shorter with the forend being "coped" to allow room for the receiver. Its also a popular design with sporting arms for some reason.

The "NO Tube" set up I dont get except it may be less expensive to build that way. I'm looking at getting my daughter a new 20 ga. and any of the sporting 20 ga.'s we've looked at have no tube, at least on the synthetic furniture. She doesnt like it. I messed around with it some, and it seems solid enough... But cost is the only thing I can think of here.

My preference would be to buy a 500 5 shot Persuader and get a longer sporting barrel.

Advantages, come down to feel for me. My daughter can cycle the sporting forends easier because she doesnt have to reach as far.

Re: Why different pump tubes?

Some mavericks have fore arm tubes.
Some (tactical) mossbergs dont.

If I ever figure out mossberg, I may be able to help.

Forend side grip?

Is there such a thing as a forend pistol grip that comes out to the side instead of down.?
TIA. :?: this would be for a 590 pistol grip.

Back