Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by Itsricmo, Sep 29, 2012.

1. MossyMilDot

MossyMilDot .223

Re: Mossberg 500 BBL made in Mexico

Maybe old stock, but never used?

One reason the Mossberg barrels are less expensive is because they are made in Torreon, Mexico
    http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/inde ... 16193.html
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Don't know. :?:
  3. MossyMilDot

MossyMilDot .223

Fit perfect. ;) Seems like a Mossy. I was just surprised it said made in Mexico on the barrel.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Maverick barrels are made in Mexico...
  5. blacksmith

blacksmith .223

Most of them are. However, barrels that are actually marked "Made in Mexico" are rare. Guessing its from early 90s.
  6. FullBeemz

FullBeemz Copper BB

Re: Can't Find Barrels?

So I ordered the 18 inch breacher barrel in matte directly from the phone number mossberg has on their website. It's been over 3 weeks and still they haven't charged me or let me know when I can get it! :shock:

Does anybody know what the wait times are?
  7. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

It's hit or miss with them.

Your best bet is to call back and ask for an order update, ETA, etc...
  8. Itsricmo

Itsricmo Norfolk Southern RCO

Wait times vary from product to product. Barrels are a big item and probably popular.
    I would agree with LES and say call them to ask. Maybe let them know you have been waiting for a long time and would appreciate a little "pep in their step" to get things moving :)

If all else fails, shoot me a private message and I will email our Company Contact to see what is going on and if we can get some info.
  9. Sonofagun

Sonofagun .410

Same problem here except I ordered a slug barrel from the website (said 1 in stock) and haven't received it yet. Is this a customer service problem or a production problem?
  10. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I'd say a bit of both.

In my dealings with Mossberg, the CS reps have said that their inventory system is inaccurate at best. The demand for complete shotguns is overwhelming and there are not as many replacement barrels available for sale. I would not stop calling until you get the information you need. If the rep you're speaking with doesn't seem to be able to get the information you need, ask to speak with a supervisor...
  11. Sonofagun

Sonofagun .410

Thanks for the info. I will follow up with them in the a.m. Cross you fingers for me.
  12. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Consider them crossed...
  13. old mossy

14. Sonofagun

Sonofagun .410

Looks like I need to find the original paperwork. Customer service says the SO# that was listed on the "Serialization Manifest" has too many digits. :rolleyes:
  15. Sonofagun

Sonofagun .410

Thanks for the link Old Mossy! They don't have any Model 500 20 gauge slug barrels.:(
  16. Sonofagun

Sonofagun .410

How would O.F. Mossberg ship a barrel to a customer?

A FFL doesn't need to be used in order to send a barrel to a customer? Right?
  17. old mossy

No FFL needed. Probably UPS or FEDX I'd say.
  18. FullBeemz

FullBeemz Copper BB

It took over a month to get my breacher barrel. Now I feel complete. Lol. I lost my sling swivel that goes on the end of the magazine tube. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
  19. old mossy

Besides LGS I'd try MidwayUSA,,,,Brownells.
  20. LAZY EYED SNIPER

WalMart, Academy, BassPro, etc. usually have the sling studs and swivels in stock too...