• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Swivel slings can be found on Ebay as well.
Nothing like shopping from your couch and finding a great deal.

Thanks for the info. I will follow up with them in the a.m. Cross you fingers for me.
All,
I am happy to report that I have a new barrel for the 500!

It was sent to the FFL instead of directly to me. The FFL was a little confused why it wasn't sent to me but I told him that the barrel was purchased at the same time as the 930. No harm, No foul.

Now it is time to clean up the barrel and do some 'chootin' this weekend! Thanks O.F. Mossberg !

I was talking with a friend today about my cracked 500 barrel he says to me that he has a barely used 835 slug barrel that somehow still takes up room in his closet after selling the gun. He will give it to me if i can use it.

It looks to me that i could replace the magazine tube, follower, spring, and end cap nut with a set from a 590 or 835 to get the slug barrel to work on my mossberg 500. Not really a huge need for this but some of my neighboring areas require shotguns for deer hunting.

Does anyone know a better way to accomplish this?

That's the only way to accomplish it. Free barrel, can't beat that.:)

Ordered a set a while back. Here are Mossberg's part numbers for reference in case you want to order directly from them...

Part # 12113P - Mag Tube 835/590 Parkerized, $33.50
Part # 12194 - Spring, Magazine 835/590, $3.50
CS number - (800) 363-3555

The mag tube I ordered came with a cap, but it won't hurt to double check with them to make sure. It's been a while since I ordered mine, so their prices may have changed...

after putting my 835 barrel on my 500 receiver its hard to believe that someone doesn't make an adapter for it it would be easy in a machine shop.

It is doable but if your are using a 835 barrel it would be a lot cheaper to just swap out the mag tube and cap. For a machinist to make an adapter it would cost two times that. Also look goofy as can be. But on the bright side you upgraded to a better design. The 835/590a1 mag tube is much easier to service and able to add extensions

Re: 500 High Capacity Kit - NEW PICS 3/5/13

Thanks, Man! That FLEX Forend is still a topic of discussion! I should make a check list of all the gear I have had and tried before... I bet it is a LONG list lol

I got a Mossberg 500 Flex and was interested in the High Capacity Kit. I checked Brownell's website and in the Q&A they said it will not fit the Mossberg Flex shotguns. I even asked their rep and they said stat wise, it will not fit.

Would you know why? I thought all the 500 receivers were the same.

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/...arts/high-capacity-shotgun-kit-prod25124.aspx

Welcome cazually.

I don't own a flex but I can't see why the high capacity kit wouldn'd fit. Like you said the receivers are the same.

The difference in the flex is the adapter on the stock and the forend.

The sad thing is that not many folks, even at Mossberg CS, know enough about what the Flex system is or does.

I'll back up what's already been said, the receivers, barrels, and mag tubes are the exact same on both standard and Flex models. All that's added is a forend and stock adapter, both of which can be removed to convert the shotgun into a standard non-Flex model.

What's likely adding to the confusion is that Mossberg doesn't sell an 8-shot version of the model 500 with the Flex system. All Flex 500's are set up in the "field" or "multi-purpose" configuratons with the 5 round mag tube and the Flex 590 models all come configured in the 9-shot variety. Therefore some voodoo must exist which prevents one from configuring an 8-shot Flex 500.

Bottom line, you should have no issues reconfiguring your 500 with the "hi-cap" kit or using your Flex forend set-up on the new mag tube. Keep us posted if you make the swap and we'd love to see some photos of your custom hi-cap Flex 500...

Little late here in reply but I absolutely loved my High-Cap kit I bought straight from OF Mossberg. Bead Sight, 7+1 shot... OH YEAH!

I'm super cheap. but I would like to put a 18.5 in barrel on my 500. I have read that folks
find used cheap long barrels and cut them down to size. has anyone done this and how
did it work out ?
thanks,

Back