• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Re: Mossberg 500 20" High Capacity Kit

Yes.

As long as you go through the process and complete the SBS registration you can switch to a longer barrel at any time...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Yes.

As long as you go through the process and complete the SBS registration you can switch to a longer barrel at any time...
This.....stupid tax stamps...my last took almost 7 months from pending

Yeah, it's been ridiculous the past couple years.

I read they hired 14 more processors earlier this year to help speed things up a bit...

I don't care what length of time, but it is on my list if I decide to keep my fathers Taurus. The money that was okay'd to spent on a rifle may be redirected when appropriate... (I go back to full time work at the RR) The shorter barrel would allow me to store it in my PLANO case with the stock attached which is a huge plus. Brand new $100 case and no gun to fit in it lol

I am glad to hear I am not stuck with the shorter barrel indefinitely! What could I expect the cost to be of the barrel, if neither of you mind sharing?

Seriously?? I was expecting $250+... That is awesome!
What kind of hidden fees could I expect from the gun dealer who has to hold it till I get my Stamp?

Can't call that one.

My LGS is holding onto mine for free...

Okay, probably depends on the dealer and how well you know them or what their individual policy is. Still probably better then what I was expecting lol... Are they usually readily available or is that again unpredictable?

Thanks for all the help, LES!

The 14" barrels have to be ordered by a dealer.

I was told they are made to order and take 4-6 weeks for delivery. Those timelines were back before all the craziness though...

Crap........I just thought about how cool a 14" barrel shotty would be.

Pretty sure that thought in itself is a felony here in Illinois. :(

I think the craze is all about smei-autos and "High Cap" mags. I doubt many people are going out and buying up the 14" barrels... BUT I have been wrong before lol

The wait of 4 - 6 weeks is marginal when compared to the 6 months for the stamp. Do you have to have the barrel at the dealers before the Form is sent in? Stacking the two together could suck but if I can send both in at the same time, I should definitely have the barrel before the stamp

Doesn't matter when you buy the barrel, just as long as you don't take posession before you have your stamp...

This reminds me that I need to add a SBS to my list on the "short list" thread.

My buddy just got his stamp for a supressor and I was there when he tried it out for the first time on his .308 Remington. He was smiling like a virgin on prom night. It sounded a tad louder than a .22. He's looking to load some lower charged rounds to try. It took him 9-10 months to get the approval.

Huh.. That is definitely something to keep in mind! I have started to help my Land Lord with renovating the neighboring apartment and he pays pretty well for some manual labor lol If I can get a part time job, I can work for him for spare cash. He is in the process of buying another building that will need work!

,,,,puts food on the table,,,,,,, :)

Absolutely! I told him that even if I get back to my regular job, the days I have off or the free time I have, I will help him. It will help feed my addiction and more stuff like this thread will pop up :D haha

I've removed a few mag tubes and the method I find easiest is with the bbl off point muzzle up and apply a few drops of fingernail polish remover at the frame/tube junction (be careful not to get it on the stock).The tube will unscrew in a moment or two using only a rag on the tube to assist in traction/grip. tom. :cool:

Acetone Based nail polish remover I am assuming?
My fiance has about 5 gallons of that stuff! I will try that right now!

EDIT: I tried that and no go...soaked it twice is a good amount of nail polish remover and then braced it and tried to turn the mag tube... I am going to have to do the Controlled Flame idea.

EDIT EDIT POST Condensed:

Was charged for the Barrel and what not today. Wasn't charged any Tax which is pretty sweet, saved me about $10 haha Means the kit should be shipped quite shortly

I would like to apologize to everyone who has mentioned about using a torch... I have chosen that method last as I didn't want to damage anything and was a little uneasy about it... well I got to finally attempt this method after buying fuel for my landlord's torch....

BEHOLD!!!
photo3_zpsd5e6f46f.jpg

Now my barrel is due to arrive on the 5th!!!!! :D Shortly after my new stock and adapter too ;)

*Le Gasp* Very few knew I was getting a new stock too :lol:

Back