• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Barrels

Re: 500 High Capacity Kit - Updated

,,,,Ric,,,,after all the bustin chops, :D ,,,,,,,glad you got if off with no damage. :D

Thanks, Old Mossy! Me too!
Now since the barrel and all is coming in on Monday, Hopefully come Friday I will have a complete firearm once again! lol I think this 500 has spent more time in pieces then together lol

Itsricmo said:
I would like to apologize to everyone who has mentioned about using a torch... I have chosen that method last as I didn't want to damage anything and was a little uneasy about it... well I got to finally attempt this method after buying fuel for my landlord's torch....

BEHOLD!!!
photo3_zpsd5e6f46f.jpg

Now my barrel is due to arrive on the 5th!!!!! :D Shortly after my new stock and adapter too ;)

*Le Gasp* Very few knew I was getting a new stock too :lol:

Nicely done Sir...

Thanks, LES! :D I am going to be exploding with excitement when my barrel gets here!! lol

I will flood the hell out of this with pictures :D

please santa bring me a nice shiny shotgun,,,,,,

be a good boy Ric.

Attachments

• A-Christmas-Story-a-christmas-story-17408401-900-506.jpg
    A-Christmas-Story-a-christmas-story-17408401-900-506.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 146

lol you and your photos! :p
I think if there are any ricochets... I'll be hurting more then my eye :lol:

You finally gave up and asked your fiance to try unscrewing it, didn't ya? LoL :)

Glad to see you were finally able to get it out without damaging anything Ric. Hopefully it goes back together easier than it came apart. :)

EDIT: Just a tip for future reference. Never, NEVER EVER use red loctite on anything you may want to take apart again in the future. If you have something that keeps backing out loctite is a good fix......but too many guys think bigger is always better and go for the strongest stuff they can find. The blue, medium strength loctite will hold anything you need it to hold and not be impossible to break loose if you need to remove it.

Thanks, Tim! :lol: She couldn't even get it so I don't feel bad! :p

I was thinking about Blue Loctite for the new tube, but believe it will be just fine with a good'ole hand crankin! I like that Loctite can be melted and blown out of the threads, my receiver is probably more clean then the day of it's conception... :lol:

Chris C said:
Well, we darned sure better get some pics out of the deal! :lol:

tell him Chris,,,,,,and lots of 'em. :D

Gotta tease him, Mossey. But I do know what waitin's all about.....................I ordered an 18 1/2" barrel from Brownells over a month ago and they still have no idea when they might be getting them in! :evil: Down right frustrating!

Chris, good freaking luck... back before CTD was a bunch of un-American.. erm rejects (for lack of better terms).... I bought the same barrel from them and it took 5 weeks to ship and get to my door. Shipped the next day but 5 weeks?? I think someone is bluffing what they have in stock...

Gotta give it to MidwayUSA.

Ordered a barrel from them on 2/26 and according to the tracking info I'll have it in hand on 3/5...

Yeah................sure! :lol: I've left a "notify me" note on Midway. If they come back quicker than Brownells, I'll cancel with Brownells. Needless to say, I'm not a real happy puppy at this point.

If it makes you feel any better my order was for an AR barrel. :D

Good luck and keep us posted...

I got my FLEX Stock and Adapter in the mail today!!

Oh.. wait.. what??? ;)
photo_2-5_zps640db042.jpg

Awe shit... that ain't it!

Here we go... :D
photo_1-5_zps68579468.jpg

A special THANK YOU to MO-Members, Stigmata and Hanoverfist! Both are great guys and played a big part in me acquiring this stock and adapter! Stigmata hooked me up with Hanoverfist and from there Hanoverfist was an excellent person to deal with! Very friendly, great communication and willing to trade items so that I could get his stock without breaking my bank!

I would also like to say Thanks to Dhonovich for assisting me in contacting OF Mossberg & Sons who was my original contact in trying to get this stock.

As for the Thin Mints.... EPIC!

Back