• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: The Mossberg 500 Pump Action Build Thread...

Nice work Frank!

Glad to see you're enjoying it...

old mossy said:
sounds like you had a great day. thanks for the range report. how's the shoulder after those law enforcement rounds?

old mossy,

The shoulder is fine. Can hardly tell I went shooting today. It was just a surprise after shooting the Slugs that the Buck would kick more. I think the recoil reduction system really helped out. I will know more when I shoot the same rounds out of a buddies standard stock on Saturday.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice work Frank!

Glad to see you're enjoying it...

LES,

Thanks, it has been a fun project. It is even better now after shooting it. Found some things to work on, so the journey will continue. Loved the ergonomics of the tactical style. It felt really really good. I am planning on taking a tactical course this spring with it. Should be fun. Now I need to start looking into Chest Rig/Vest system. I have some ideas, but haven't settled on anything yet.

Baby is due beginning of May (Our First). Tactical Diaper Bag is here. Maxpedition Mongo Versipack.

Frank

Sweet man,

Here's the rig I put together...

All I had to do was fix velcro loop strips to the outer surface of the M4 mag pouch covers and slap on a few ESSTAC shotgun cards...

I can fit three more cards inside the pouches as well...

frank,,,,is that a non drilled receiver with a weaver saddle mount?

,,,,,,dam LES,,,you are ready. nice setup. :)

What is the pouch (?) that holds your 1911 mags and will it hold 45cal?? :D

It's the 5 In-Line Mag Pouch from Tuff Products and it fits all of my 1911 and SIG P220 mags.

They also make the same style pouches for double stacked mags and even AR/AK mags. Here's the write-up I did a while back...

Tuff Products: 5 In-Line Mag Pouch

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Sweet man,

Here's the rig I put together...

All I had to do was fix velcro loop strips to the outer surface of the M4 mag pouch covers and slap on a few ESSTAC shotgun cards...

I can fit three more cards inside the pouches as well...

LES,

Thanks for the info. I like the card idea. I don't have a black gun yet, so this vest will be set up for my Mossy and 1911. I am a South Paw, so I will need to look for a different configuration. I have a nice hip holster for the 1911, so it will most likely be a vest/belt/thigh rigs.

Frank

No problem Frank,

This is my dedicated shotgun/1911 rig now. Here's a pic with the rest of the load-out, before I attached the velco shotgun cards...

Everything but the vest pouches are fully ambi. I run the extra 50rd 12ga ammo weak side thigh, with my BUG riding strong thigh. My BUG just happens to be a DE MK VII... :D

Here's my 15+ year old 500 12ga I've had sitting next to my bed. Was a pistol grip setup but I've been wanting to go to an adjustable AR style stock, add a light, etc. ATI's new Scorpion stocks are killer so I couldn't resist. Much more useful weapon now.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Nice Eagletac light to put some light on things.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

Goes well with my other Mossy... my Zombie killing 464SPX... or as I call it, my Redneck Assault Rifle.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

All goes well with my latest build, my 300 Blackout AR.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

About to convert my SKS to a bullpup and am doing a 10/22 build as well. Figured I'd start making some of my safe queens more useful.

American, Welcome to the forums! Very nice group of firearms!

That ZMB Lever Action still has me hooked! I cannot say why but I would take one haha

Itsricmo said:
American, Welcome to the forums! Very nice group of firearms!

That ZMB Lever Action still has me hooked! I cannot say why but I would take one haha

Thanks... I've added about 15 new guns this year and updated another 5 or so...it's been fun.

When I saw the SPX it was like seeing a train wreck... just couldn't look away, had to have it.

Here's some of my thoughts on it. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3142&p=58246#p58246

I own one. I admit it.

I was talking to a buddy the other day stating I’d never owned a lever action .30-.30, which is a sin as it’s one of the best West Texas brush guns there is. I have a pretty practical collection of guns a bit like many of you but also have 3 M4 variants, one a .300 Blackout, M500A with some goodies, plenty of tricked out 1911 and XD types, etc so I’ve got all the ‘tactical’ I really need, or so I thought.

I mean, come on, the ultimate Red Neck Assault Rife, RNAR!

Ok, it was like a train wreck, I just couldn’t look away, came across one on GunBroker’s with a few minutes left and no bids…so WTF, in an act of utter brilliance I bid, 15 minutes later I owned it.

It’s kind of like sleeping with a big girl, you won’t admit it but you’ve probably done it… but I bet you wont whip her out at the ranch. Nope. But this thing, well… I can’t wait to see the looks on my buddies faces.. “WTF is that?!” “Stand back, it fires a 30 megawatt laser, I can kill and cook all at the same time”…they’ll buy it, for a minute.

Yep, mount a good light and a red dot, the pigs won’t have a chance. How about some night vision? I think the barrel is threaded, anyone load subsonic .30-.30 before?

Hey, it’s not always about buying the prettiest, most sought after, collectible or even the best shooting gun. Sometimes it just about the fun.

Hello everyone ..... Here's what I've got going, awhile back someone gave me an old Mossberg 500 as a parts gun, I tossed it under my bed and pretty much forgot about it, recently I decided to pull it out and take stock of what I had .... It appears to be a early 80's 500 ... It was missing the barrel, cartridge interrupter and the tabs on the front of the trigger assembly were broken off, I went online and found a new Mossberg barrel (18 1/2" bead sight, cyl bore $99) Factory heat shield ($30) and cartridge stop and interrupter ($14) ...... I milled a slot into the trigger assembly and epoxied a in piece of O1 tool steel, the magazine, forearm tube, cartridge elevator and bolt carrier went out for Black Oxide ...... here is what I'm starting with .... I'll post more pictures of the build soon.

Keep your powder dry

Attachments

• 0302130102-1.jpg
    0302130102-1.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 938
  • 0302130102c-1.jpg
    0302130102c-1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 938

welcome from NY. that's gonna be one sweet ole mossy when your finished. thank you for posting the pics ,and please keep us posted. :D love the corn cob wood. :D

Itsricmo said:
lol "RNAR" That is awesome!
Do you find it to be accurate?

Heck.. I finally got my hands on some 30-30 ammo, so I haven't even shot it yet. Got me a Dillon 550B now and some 30-30 dies among others. Managed to find about 55 brass.. just need boooolits.

IMG_20130324_233627_874.jpg

IMG_20130325_204809_192.jpg

Back