• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: Project 500

That heat shield looks great.
I love the matte finish.
What company makes that one?

LTB45 said:
That heat shield looks great.
I love the matte finish.
What company makes that one?

Some no name brand off of Gunbroker. Search for Mossberg Heat Shield Plasticote Zytel Fiberglass.

I have to look I may actually have a blued one at my house.

Whoo hoo! MidwayUSA just got the blued heat shields in stock. One is ordered and on its way.

Mudinyeri said:
Whoo hoo! MidwayUSA just got the blued heat shields in stock. One is ordered and on its way.
That is great! I can't wait to see it with the blued one; you know you got me searching for a set of wood stocks for my Mossberg 500 :twisted: .

DHonovich said:
Mudinyeri said:
That is great! I can't wait to see it with the blued one; you know you got me searching for a set of wood stocks for my Mossberg 500 :twisted: .

Ha ha ... I started a retro Trench Gun trend. I took a couple more pics while I had my lever guns out this evening.

IMG_6380.jpg

IMG_6382.jpg

Ah, man! Cant wait to see the blued heat shield!

I kind want a set of wood furniture too, but I really wanna do it on either a Mariner model or on a duracoated gun.

Rossignol said:
Ah, man! Cant wait to see the blued heat shield!

I kind want a set of wood furniture too, but I really wanna do it on either a Mariner model or on a duracoated gun.

I can't wait to see some of your leather on it. :mrgreen:

Sweet on the blued HS……yeah leather and wood are just meant for each other. What color leather are you going with?

The leather is going to be a natural oiled russet, like the vintage styled M1907.

Toby, its gonna look great on your 500!

That is going to be real nice. Is there going to be a M1907 as well? That would be tight! Kinda hate to say it but a bayonet lug would be cool for nostalgia purposes.

Yep, there will be one of my M1907's. Not a reproduction piece, but a little heavier weight leather, and just slightly wider with my oversized keepers.

Ahhh my old friend jealousy….how have you been....

and a metal butt plate

Yeah, after all my anti-sling stuff in the sling thread, I'm getting a sling for this gun. Of course, this gun is more for show than go. :lol:

Blued heat shield installed. If anyone wants a VERY lightly used poly heat shield, let me know. :mrgreen:

IMG_6403.jpg

IMG_6401.jpg

Back