• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Older Models

Re: New Haven 600AT stock

Thanks for the info. The safety button on this gun was replaced by a gunsmith along time ago due to the original plastic one broke. He replaced it with a metal one he had made. I would like to replace this one with one that looks factory. Is this something I could do myself? I'm not a gunsmith but am pretty handy.

Re: New Haven 600AT stock

Take a look at Midway USA they have a few different type safety's for the 500.

Revelation 310A Western Auto 12ga

Howdy all 1st post and need some help. I was given this old 12ga (left in basement and it flooded) stock/for end/barrel were beyond repair and firing pin was missing. I found a used 18" imp cylinder barrel and I'm looking for the correct firing pin parts on Brownells. Look at pc# 23,26 &26

http://www.brownells.com/schematics/Mos ... id160.aspx

Slide tube assy appears to be 6-3/4" with a SINGLE lug, not the dual.

I'm looking a Houge butt stock and for end with this adaptor

http://www.amazon.com/Hogue-Forend-Adap ... B00162TC6O

Just looking to get this up and running for cheapest amount possible and safely. All my research tells me it's a Mossy 500A and need to know if parts I've listed will work on this old gun with No serial #

Thanks for any and all help on this project.

Yardbird

Re: Revelation 310A Western Auto 12ga

Welcome to the forum from NY. Not sure of the age of your gun I would give Havlin a call.
I know older 500's don't use a firing pin spring. Not sure if the pins are the same. They also carry older parts.
Havlin (636) 937-6401

Keep us posted.

Re: Revelation 310A Western Auto 12ga

Good luck with your project pics of the final product when done

brand new /old model 500 please identify

I have acquired a model 500 ar that has been sitting in the gunshops case since brand new please help identify it for me with possible year of manufacture I think maybe 1970-71. its still at gunshop so going off memory.12 ga 26" vent rib barrel no chokes scalloped bolt walnut stock white line spacer red recoil pad dealer told me it was a "skeet" model serial # b755xx

Re: brand new /old model 500 please identify

Welcome to the forum from NY. That sounds like a nice Mossy you found from the '70's.

You get a chance post a pic or two. :)

spdfour said:
I have acquired a model 500 ar that has been sitting in the gunshops case since brand new please help identify it for me with possible year of manufacture I think maybe 1970-71.

That's hard to believe.

And if true, it's probably worn out from people cycling it and snapping the trigger while it's unloaded.

Not to mention the handling marks and dust from 43 years of storage.

I have to agree. It is not like it is a one of a kind collectable. Why would they have kept it 40+ years and it wasn't used or sold? Something doesn't sound right. :?
Ron

Post up a few pics and the model on the bottom side of the receiver.

Love old mossberg shotty's. :)

They have a lot of commemorative winchesters and brownings from the 70's and 80's brand new on the shelf been in business since the early 60's

Back