• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Older Models

Re: brand new /old model 500 please identify

John A. said:
spdfour said:
I have acquired a model 500 ar that has been sitting in the gunshops case since brand new please help identify it for me with possible year of manufacture I think maybe 1970-71.

That's hard to believe.

And if true, it's probably worn out from people cycling it and snapping the trigger while it's unloaded.

Not to mention the handling marks and dust from 43 years of storage.

Yea I'm sure it's worn out I should get my money back.

Yeah, I know a few things when I see it.

Cool mossy but you need to ease up on the comments these guys are very knowledgeable! Sit back use the search function you might be surprised with these guys! I'm doing a AR 15 build from scratch these guys convinced me to build one and its coming out great!

Sorry mossy just thought with an attitude like that not much help will be given. Spdfour pics would help ID your firearm sometimes better the a description.

rdm76mav88 said:
Sorry mossy just thought with an attitude like that not much help will be given. Spdfour pics would help ID your firearm sometimes better the a description.

I agree,pics would make it a lot easier to ID.

I asked for pics 5 day's ago.

I assume there is a waiting period to pick up the gun and he will post pics soon.

Yes I am waiting for the gun. I will post pics. Thanks to everyone.

Check your PM's

The model is 500 ABR I think that : A=12 Guage B=??? R= vent rib? Checkered walnut stock satin finish will post pics later

spdfour said:
The model is 500 ABR I think that : A=12 Guage B=??? R= vent rib? Checkered walnut stock satin finish will post pics later

The A stands for 12ga,,,the B stands for sold to a chain store,,,,,the R stands for Royal.

old mossy said:
spdfour said:

The A stands for 12ga,,,the B stands for sold to a chain store,,,,,the R stands for Royal.

^ This...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
old mossy said:
spdfour said:

^ This...
Thanks, I guess I'll do a search for royal unless somebody wants to tell me what royal is I'm going to attempt pics right now. The middle that safety also has a round section that is wider than the slot if that makes sense.

trying to post pics but they are too large attempting to resize dont have advanced photo program

Having a hard time trying to post pics files are too big not sure how to resize. Help somebody. Here are a few more details. Walnut stock satin finish w/checkering. White line spacer on grip cap w/ flor de lis(not sure on this spelling) white line spacer on reciol pad, pad is red. Reciever is brushed finish Dark black blueing not high polish barrel is blue 2 3/4 and 3 inch skeet choke 26 inch dual action bars. Didn't they go to dual action bars in 1970? trigger guard is plastic, bolt has "scallops" I'm thinking it was made 1971?

You can resize pics in Windows paint.

Back