• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Paint and Refinishing

Re: BUBBA Jr 20ga

Thanks Rip!
For a gun with some scuffs and dings, the insides looked like new.
Shot a few rounds of Skeet with it yesterday, I was crushing them.
The gun also feels a lot lighter than my 12ga 500's.
I may have to switch from hunting pheasant with a 12 and start carrying this instead.

Re: BUBBA Jr 20ga

Awesome job LTB!!!

Painted the 500 with Duracoat....... check it out

so i was board of having 2 black m500a's and decided to paint one.

pretty simple steps

1: take gun apart

2: scuff up paint with rough pad

3: stuff cotton balls in the inside so paint doesnt get inside

4: degrease and alchohol prep

5: paint and let sit for 3 days hang drying

heres what i got.......

20130318182132.jpg

20130318183456.jpg

20130318185514.jpg

20130318193403.jpg

20130325222541.jpg

20130325222630.jpg

20130325222554.jpg

lmk what you guys think. try to guess the color from duplicolors website. i will post the color i used tomorow or day after.

thanks

Re: Painted the 500 with Duracoat....... check it out

if a mod can make it so the pics appear when you open link i would appreaciate it. i dont know how to do it.

link's not working????

Fixed your IMG links.

Just paste your links into the post without hitting the IMG button and they'll appear...

Oh, and nice job on the paint.

Looks great...

dam,that OD is nice! :)

Niiiicee! :D

Been really ready to bite the bullet and just tear mine down to paint. Just really unsure of the color shceme...

Good job though, let us know how it holds up after you take to the range though! :shock:

looks great.

I like the two tone black/OD

I wish duracoat products would ship to me :( Believe me, I'm no stranger to taking Krylon to some stuff... but every once in a while you just want something that will last. Great job on that duracoat man! Sweet socks too ;)

thanks for the help with the pics guys. it looks alot better. for some reason i couldnt get the links to work.

also i was going for the od green look but i wanted a better color to my eyes so i went with aug green. its a different shade of green almost od. to me it looked more like a old green used in us military so i went with it.

if anyone has a od green gun duracoat please post pics in here so i can see them side by side.

i was going to paint the heat shield but i am glad i did not decide to. it breaks it up just enough for me.

i too like the simple two tone. i might throw a black star on the flat side where you cant see the bolt.

i painted the face of the bolt too.

Love the green, I'm q big fan of od green and shades alike. How much did it cost once everything was said and done?

ZombieHunterD said:
Love the green, I'm q big fan of od green and shades alike. How much did it cost once everything was said and done?

about $100 but i had enough to paint another rifle and a pistol. duracoat is awesome. i will be letting it cure before i shot some rounds through it. in about 1 week i will shoot it alot and let you know what i think. this paint takes a bit of time to cure properly. its like a car paint you dont want to buff it until it has fully hardened.

i also put this in a scabard so if it wears quick when you keep pulling it in and out i will let you guys know.

Do you have to use the degreaser/cleaner or can you just sandblast? If it turns out good I may do this layer down the line to my m500 and px4. Hopefully we het some pics from other people to compare or ill have to google lol

Back