Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by DHonovich, Jul 21, 2010.

1. wrangler_dave9

wrangler_dave9 .22LR

Pics of my Mossy. She is bone stock Right now. I've only had her for about two weeks. Only mods on plan on making are a butt stock shell holder, a sling, and mounted flashlight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. dwb

dwb .410

Thank you sir...
  3. swsabre

swsabre .410 Supporter

Nice - I like to keep most of my guns pretty simple, too.

That same basic gun with a matte blue finish is my primary HD shotgun, the only thing I did to it was to mount a Streamlight TLR-1 on the mag tube and it is good to go.
  4. wrangler_dave9

wrangler_dave9 .22LR

I've got a Surefire G2X Pro that doubles as my nightstand light and EDC light when I'm out about in the later hours of the day. I may get another one and make it a dedicated shotgun light and get an appropriate mount.
  5. dwb

dwb .410

I run a Streamlight TLR-1 HL on my G17, might try it on my Mossy.
  6. Glashaus

Glashaus .22LR

I posted a photo of my new to me M500 bull pup in my intro thread, here is my M500 Marine coat ex - police shot gun. I walked into my LGS about 10 years ago and he had this on the rack for $185, shell holder and sling included. It did not have the vented hand guard. I pestered Mossberg for about 8 months until finally they had a few marine coat vented handguards in stock and snapped one up. It is a favorite shooting shotgun of mine.

[​IMG]
    Rossignol, 12gafun, dwb and 1 other person like this.
  7. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Nice Mossy!
    Glashaus likes this.
  8. Scoop

Scoop 20g

Pretty classy. Looks like a great prop in a shoot-em-up movie!
    Glashaus likes this.
  9. Glashaus

Glashaus .22LR

When I first got it I thought about removing the rack number but it really grew on me so I kept it. The font is pretty modern industrial, it does look like something out of the movies. My dealer said that it came out of a PD in the North East.
  10. Scoop

Scoop 20g

I would not change that. It is part of its personality.
    Glashaus likes this.
  11. 12gafun

12gafun .223

That is a awesome looking Mossy, keep it the way it is. I agree looks like a custom shotgun you would see used in a movie! Cool thanks for the pic!
    Glashaus likes this.
  12. dwb

dwb .410

I bet the Magpul SGA furniture would look awesome on that shotgun.
    Glashaus likes this.
  13. Glashaus

Glashaus .22LR

Thanks, the SGA probably would look good on my mariner but I really like the look of what came on it.

If I want to go with the Magpul look I will choose my M500 SPX.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It has a Magpul fore arm, stock and pistol grip. I changed out the God awful ATI stock that Mossberg puts on the SPX with a Mesa Tactical LEO adapter with a M4 buffer tube, another of my favorite shotguns!
    Bigghoss, Rossignol and dwb like this.
  14. wrangler_dave9

wrangler_dave9 .22LR

Beautiful shotty! Thanks for sharing.
  15. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Sponsor Forum Moderator

Wow, it looks like the older Marine coat that is on the shinier side which lends to the idea OFM made a stainless model. That's the very first Mossberg 12 ga I ever saw about 20 or so years ago and fell in love with, it began my fascination with shotguns and is in fact the reason I have a 500 today! It looks beautiful!
    Glashaus likes this.
  16. Glashaus

Glashaus .22LR

Thanks, I just lucked into this one, happened to be in the right place at the right time.

My marine coat M500 dates to 1987, it is a bit shiny.
    dwb and Rossignol like this.
  17. dwb

dwb .410

I'm not really into shiny or stainless guns, BUT, that one of yours is a beauty. She's a keeper.
  18. dwb

dwb .410

Here's a pic with the new Primary Arms Micro Red Dot. This sucker is a tack driver at 25 yards, and beyond. Small holes are 9mm from G17 at 25 yards. You can see where the wad hit low/right on the paper. I love shooting this shotgun more with the Magpul furniture.

IMG_2111.JPG

IMG_2114.JPG
    Rossignol, 590guy and Glashaus like this.
  19. Bigghoss

Bigghoss .22LR

[​IMG]

Here is my 500c youth bantam and my 500 with a 590a1 barrel and tube. I bought the 500 about 12 years ago and then bought the Speedfeed pistol grip for it because it was just so cool. Well I soon realized it wasn't very practical so I put the stock back on. Well I had this cool pistol grip laying around so I bought the first Mossberg 20 gauge I saw at walmart, the 500c youth bantam on top. I only wanted it for a range toy so (like an idiot) I threw on the grip, tossed the stock, and lopped the barrel off at 19" with a hacksaw. Shot it only a few times and it's been collecting dust for a few years now. Recently decided to get it back to something usable so I ordered another stock from Havlin for $25. It doesn't match but they're both birch so that can be fixed. Anyway the new stock didn't come with a stock bolt and I want to get a Magpul SGA stock for the 500 which comes with it's own bolt so I figured I'd steal the bolt off the 500 for the 500c and put the pistol grip on the 500 for now just because.

My plan is to have a gunsmith clean up the end of the 500 c 20g barrel and thread it for chokes and maybe at the same time have the forend refinished to match the stock.
    Rossignol likes this.
  20. Awastatyme

Awastatyme .223

Got my New Haven 600 painted up.

[​IMG]
    ripjack13, Rossignol and old mossy like this.