• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: original mossberg 500 fiber optics

Ok i will make a better offer, because i can see you are being ironic.
What about 2 beers and a slice of pizza :lol:
That's more tempting huh?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
greekpow said:
Then i guess i represent the mossberg owners forum in Greece. I have to give a lot of thought before i deside where to put the stickers.
The beers are on me. :D
It's the least i can do for you

Mossberg Owner's International!

That has a nice ring to it. I'm lookin forward to seeing what you come up with for the stickers. I've got a couple on my safes and range cases. Guess I need to plan a trip to Greece now. I can never pass up the offer of a free beer... :lol:

Re: original mossberg 500 fiber optics

Wow greekpow!

You certainly know how to raise the bar... :lol:

Re: New Gun Process?

Burs for the most part are rare. With some use everything will smooth out pretty quickly. That being said, I actually slit my finger open yesterday on one of the forend arms on a new 500 I was building for someone. I've never had that happen before. Not even sure why it was that sharp, guess I hit it just right but the gun was getting an action job anyway so it wasn't gonna be an issue. As has already been said you shouldn't have to do anything but lube it, load it, and enjoy it.

I must say, I had no burs on my 500! Everything was well machined/stamped/whatever mechanical means they used lol. IF there are burs, with it being a pump action, you using it will straighten that out really quick. I would check all parts mentions by Rossignol and maybe hit them with the fine grit. Can't hurt! :p

Thank You for all the reply's. I picked up my new 500 yesterday (my first shotty), tore it down, and didn't find anything. It is a little crisp, but I think it will smooth out with use. As was previously said.

Again, Thank You

Frank

Congrats on the new boomstick Sir!

Be sure to post up some pics when you get a chance...

Good deal Frank! Now make with the obligatory pics! :D

Thanks guys. I will try and do the picture thing tomorrow. I will most likely start a new build thread, as yes there are some plans. Some already implemented (that's the cliff hanger).

Frank

Ooooh, love the cliff hangers! Will stay tuned with my popcorn!

porting

please excuse the newbie question. why and what are the advantages of porting a shotgun?
thank you in advance.

Re: porting

Porting redirects and disperses gasses upward which helps to reduce muzzle climb and enable faster reset on target for follow-up shots. It also helps reduce recoil... :D

mag spring

is it going to harm the mag tube spring in my 500A leaving 7 shells in the tube all the time for HD?

Back