• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: porting

Yes! I love my ported barrel!

It has def reduced muzzle climb, if you click on the "RossignolST" in my sig you'll find some videos showing some shooting with my Vang Comp 590A1 barrel! One in particular shows a full magazine of full power 00 buck bein fired reasonably quickly with little change in the elevation of the barrel. Another video shot at night show with both video and still pictures, the gases bein vented up from the porting in the muzzle, just kinda wanted to do that one so it was visible what the porting actually does.

Also of note, as Gumby mentioned, is reduced muzzle flash. This is also visible in the night video I did. I compared my VCS ported barrel to a barrel of the same length but without porting. I fired the same rounds through each and the difference is noticable!

You can ask Gumby here for more info or call Vang Comp!

Mossberg 500 .410 Barrels and Stocks ?'s

Hello, My 500 .410 shotgun currently has the 24 inch full choked barrel and regular wood stock. , I used to use it for little woods critters and even took a few ducks up close when I was a bit younger but now that I'm older and able to shoot it's bigger brothers it just kind of sits on the rack .I'm wondering where I can find an 18.5 inch barrel and pistol grip for my mossberg 500 .410 shotgun :?: . I would like to make it into a home defense weapon . Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. :D Thank You.

Re: threads for pictinny rail?

thanks for the reply. i need to find me 4 screws at a local hardware store.

optics-planet's customer support sucks. i asked them for the size and they didnt know. i asked for the correct screws and they just drag out emails. this is easier than doing business with them

Re: Mossberg 500 .410 Barrels and Stocks ?'s

You can call Mossberg sales and order parts from them directly...

(800) 363-3555

welcome from NY pocketpower.
im also looking for a .410 project for HD. have you ever thought of cutting the barrel you have and making a birds head grip? im old school and like the wood. couple of pics to think about.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 248
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 249

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
You can call Mossberg sales and order parts from them directly...

(800) 363-3555

^THIS!!^

Sorry I hadn't gotten to this earlier! I have been house cleaning for some company. No Excuses though... haha

I would call OFM and see what they can get too you. Hypothetically, 20ga and 12ga stocks will fit your .410, however with some overlap due to differences in receiver thickness on the different models.

There is MidwayUSA but they are backordered till February 2013...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/769505 ... e-410-bore

Re: 500 barrel issue **pic added**

Well, I just unloaded, 2x safety checked and than removed my barrel. I inspected my barrel to determine a method of how that little extension is applied to the finished barrel... I have come to the conclusion that is must have been pressed onto the barrel and not threaded. I can see a little bit of the barrel and it does not look threaded.

Is there any odd chance that the barrel would have been subjected to extreme cold or heat while no in use? Something like that would cause it too warp and be off center for mounting in the receiver :(
That is my conclusion. Please keep us up to date on what OFM says :)

Itsricmo said:
Well, I just unloaded, 2x safety checked and than removed my barrel. I inspected my barrel to determine a method of how that little extension is applied to the finished barrel... I have come to the conclusion that is must have been pressed onto the barrel and not threaded. I can see a little bit of the barrel and it does not look threaded.

Is there any odd chance that the barrel would have been subjected to extreme cold or heat while no in use? Something like that would cause it too warp and be off center for mounting in the receiver :(
That is my conclusion. Please keep us up to date on what OFM says :)

sounds right on,,,,with that said i would take both barrels and measure and compare both ends to see if one has moved.

Looking down the barrel, sights forward, to twist the rib clockwise, the extension would have to move counter clock wise. That being said... good luck trying to figure out what cause it to rotate, if that is the reason, and how to fix it without a new barrel

Re: I hate to do it, but will this fit?

Not without the help of a gunsmith and at the end of the day you would spend enough money that you should have just bought the correct sights to begin with and till have night sights on you Glock

my apologies, I forgot to post the link to the sight, its on the original post now. Just to be clear I am asking if they will fit on my shotgun, not my glock.

hmmm, I was under the impression the meprolight would not fit since it says its for 590 and 830 shotguns. How exactly can I tell if it will fit then? Do I just look for a 5-40 threaded sight?

I would like to just have the extra barrel because it does still take down the occasional squirrel and pheasant . i see the pistol grip but no barrel's but it's a start :)

Back