Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Mossberg 500 Pump Action' started by DHonovich, Sep 3, 2010.

1. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Same with my 1988 500A, ya can't kill it.

Sorry Mexico ya can't make it right.:(
  2. mossbear

mossbear .22LR

I've let a couple other shotguns go to new homes that cost more than my 1994 500c because they couldn't compete with her in reliability. Plus, except for a small scratch on the wood stock, it looks as good as the day it was born. I love my little Mossy.
  3. Scottie

Scottie Copper BB

I got a Mossberg 500 for Christmas, took it out to go skeet shooting. After 60 rounds it stopped feeding. Looked on this site found out about the cartridge stop issue. I got contact info for Joseph at Maverick arms he sent me a new cartridge stop and action slide.

My question is after I replace this parts will this problem happen again or will it be good for now on.
  4. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Welcome. Sorry to hear you were having a problem with your new Mossy. Glad to hear they took care of it.

You should be good to go as far as the cartridge stop. Once it's replaced you'll be ok.
  5. Scottie

Scottie Copper BB

That's what I thought but just wanted to make sure. I understand if it was caused by a bad lot on those parts just want to make sure there is not a larger problem that continues to cause the problems