• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

If you wanna go with cheap... I'd just get a tac star polymer side saddle, drill a couple holes and fasten it with a few screws. Mesa Tactical also makes aluminum side saddles that are meant to accompany their buttstocks, but I doubt it would be hard to adapt them to any stock configuration.

old mossy said:
Want one in leather?

Nice. I should see if I have enough scrap to make one myself.

Attachments

• robschcover1.jpg
    robschcover1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 161
Ditch the fancy markings, straight up plain old black, maybe even incorporate a padded cheek section on the other side, I could see a tactical leather side saddle riding on one of my guns if it exists(ed).

I have the ATI side saddle for the collaspable stock on one gun, the Tac Star on the other against the receiver. I prefer the stock mounted location honestly. But on the one where I have the Tac Star its a folding stock so not really an option for me on that gun to have one there. If you are serious about trying it I actually have a second Tac Star and would gladly send it your way.

I got it from a friend for free because the supplied screws were stripped when he got the gun. I gave him the stock ejector screw and trigger pin that were left over from my 500 when I installed the saddle and he opted for the simple velcro and elastic type on his. So I have really no plans for this extra Tac Star. You could contact Lyman about possibly getting replacements if you wanted them to install it like its supposed to be utilized or drilling holes to the base plate and attaching it to a stock if you wanted.

PM me if interested.

If you have a tactical stock mesa tactical has a side she'll holder that should screw right on. We have those in our online store.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Dorangolv......

I know it's been a couple months since you posted about the sight mount screws being in the way of the first two positions on the shell holder, but you can usually flip the screws or mount so they protrude from the other side of the sight/gun. Just an FYI in case you are still having that problem.

If anyone is interested, the 6-shell Mesa Tactical SureShell shotgun shell carrier for Mossberg 500 is on sale at Amazon for $52.70. That's the cheapest I've seen it.

Good day sirs, are there anyone using archangel/promag 7 shot sidesaddle with individual adjustable tension screws for thier mossberg 500 shotguns? Wanna hear some feedback about this and pictures of the furniture installed....i just think they are of good quality and despite being polymer, are maybe better than the tacstar sidesaddles out there...

Any posted feedback on this as well as pics is appreciated...thnx in advance....

just want to share my new promag/archangel 7 rounder shotshell carrier installed in my590-as well as my personal thoughts about it..u might want to check this out since this is a very good option amongst shotshell carriers in the market right now...:)

095_zps35dbab58.jpg

091_zps449c6ee0.jpg

thoughts on the promag/archangel sidesaddle:

-very easy to install
-hi quality item based on heft and finish-looks like it will last the lifetime of the firearm
-looks like its expensive competitor-mesa tactical, tho this one is made from sturdy and heavy polymer not aluminum
-has individual tension screws per shotshell to adjust to ones preference in terms of shotshell retention-a first in its class
-7 round capacity instead of the usual 6 without sacrificing any space or ergonomics
-personally i felt it balanced the shotgun better-no more heaviness near the muzzle
-I was still able to use my grovetec qd cup pin sling attachment-a definite plus!!
- and the best, its cheap but definitely not cheaply made! i got it for much less the price of a locally available tacstar sidesaddle..:)

Just a quick +1 for Mesa Tactical....

Was tacking apart the 590 and forgot to loosen the repalcement ejector screw that holds everything in place, it was tight going on (and i forgot I used red loctite) so I tapped it a few times with my rubber hammer for it to come off.

Well I broke the screw (..duh) so I had to call up Mesa to order another one... Super friendly CS representative said he'd be sending one out in the mail tomorrow...and never asked for a CC or payment options, even though it was my fault for braking the part. Needless to say I'm a happy customer!

97BlackAckCL said:
Here's my side saddle, nothing exciting, just mounts onto my blackhawk adjustable stock
IMAG1815_zpse6ae45d0.jpg

IMAG1814_zps82687f84.jpg
What type of holder is this? I have the Blackhawk Spec Ops adjustable stock and that would be perfect. How was installation?

Glad to see you're finding the site useful.

No donations set up at this point. We all just volunteer our time and pitch in where we can...

Back