• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

Re: ATI Halo Side Saddle with Add-A-Shell

I love the concept and inovation, but (there is always a but isnt there?) it looks a little gaudy for my tastes. Do you guys have a version that will be a little more simple? Thanks for sharing.

Frank

The style is a bit different but goes very well with the heat shield. I think having both mounted will really tie in the design.

Want it! How much? It would defeat the purpose for me of having to purchase a top rail mount and also a side saddle

I like the style, I like the look of the Halo product line, should look pretty sweet with the heat shield.

Oooooo......I like it. I like it a lot. The Modularity of this thing is cool, I like having the option of being able to change things without taking them to the machine shop. If there was anything I'd like to see different on this, or I guess it could simply be an option with the modular design, it is angled shell rings. It makes for a bit more of a natural motion when the shells are tilted to the back a bit. I could also see making a small, one shell loop sized, laser module that mounts to the side rail.....tacticool sells well.

2013 ATI Halo Side Saddle Pricing:

ATI Halo Side Saddle alone: $79.99
- Side Saddle Package 1 (includes 9 Add-A-Shell Holders and 6” Top Rail): $139.99
- Side Saddle Package 2 (includes 6 Add-A-Shell Holders and 6” Top Rail): $119.99
- Add-A-Shell Shotgun Shell Holders: $9.99 each
- 6" Top Rail: $19.99

Not bad price but for 120 bucks I WOULD need more pics of it off and on a shotty.

ATI,
I've looked on your facebook page and can't find the pics. I am interested in how does it attach, does it hold well under fire. Also what about a couple of samplers for us MO.com users? I'll. Gladly give up my time to write a review and post up some pics of it in use.

On another note, is ATI gonna be making something like the warhammer and rhino rail for us 500 users or should we stick to the choices out there?
Thanks for the reply!

Admin,
Is this posting okay? Did know about asking questions

pappasmurf said:
ATI,
I've looked on your facebook page and can't find the pics. I am interested in how does it attach, does it hold well under fire. Also what about a couple of samplers for us MO.com users? I'll. Gladly give up my time to write a review and post up some pics of it in use.

On another note, is ATI gonna be making something like the warhammer and rhino rail for us 500 users or should we stick to the choices out there?
Thanks for the reply!

The pictures are there if you look under the photos tab - Our whole 2013 catalog spread is there or you can now look on our website for more info with the link posted above.

As for another rail system, not at this time.

Well I have had my MESA Tactical 6 shot saddle and have had some time to familiarize myself with it pretty well. Took my 500 deer hunting the other day and I can reload like a Devil! I cranked off 5 shells and it felt almost like a Semi-auto! haha

It has held up to some "truck gun" style abuse recently between traveling for work and back home for hunting. I'd still HIGHLY recommend it too anyone looking for a side saddle!

How are all your other rigs holding up??

EDIT: Just want to add that ATI is releasing a new Side Saddle that allows for Ejection Port side Saddling. Wasn't previously able to be done unless you spent the money on a MESA Tactical High Tube and than bought their side saddle additions. Pretty Sweet piece of equipment

I am so glad to see you guys getting your feet wet on this!! Previously a Mossberg owner could only put a side saddle on one side, unless they purchased a MESA High Tube Adapter and their Ejection Port Side Saddle. That combined is well over $200 and may not be the style of stock the end used wants.

This solves that problem by "hanging" it over the top and it adds a rail! Now that i have noticed that rail, I think... does this hinder the use of the bead sight? Or can you use the center channel of the rail to line up the bead sight, with minor POI shift?

Regarding the various side saddles. It would appear that the Mesa tactical is very well built and solid. I like the ease and versatility of the velcro type, but have a major concern. How is the velcro holding up to routine maintenance and cleaning? I would think that the various gun oils/cleaners would make short work of the velcro. Thanks for any and all feedback.

Some say yes, some say no. I don’t like the idea of adhesive on my firearms. It seems temporary and like all adhesives it will eventually turn to crap. You might hand the gun down to your kids but I bet the adhesive falls off before your children pass it off. And Hook & Loop does not stand the test of time either, I have cloths and other Velcro things that just don’t stick anymore because the hooks are worn or the loop isn’t loop anymore.

I can tell you right now, after many... MANY cleanings with Hoppes and mineral spirits that my MESA side saddle isn't going anywhere!

The 3GG Velcro unit is durable enough to be included with the Remington MCS kit and Pro Patria 590/500 retrofit kit.
Those go through some pretty extreme conditions. They are also commonly used with 3G comps, and have stood up well to that also.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

My ESSTAC velcro set-up is holding up just fine through regular cleanings and abuse, err I mean use...

installing the side saddle video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWjNn3TNfBs

you can see what my HD mossberg 500 looks like now. or watch it to see how the side saddle install goes.

no editing

and as soon as i get the key to my local gun range i will have some shooting reviews with my mods.

if you have any suggestions for another video please lmk. or if you know a way to make it better

Installed a velcro NCSTAR side saddle on my 500 has a funky design feature that 2 shells can be removed for when it's on a diffrent gun if required. Had to make a small L shaped cut in the forend to allow full movement of the action without interfering with the side saddle. Also put a ALLEN butt stock carrier on all in all happy with this configuration.

Attachments

• rsz_1shotgun_1_001.jpg
    rsz_1shotgun_1_001.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 1,210
  • rsz_1shotgun_1_023.jpg
    rsz_1shotgun_1_023.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 1,210
Back