• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 tactical persuader 18.5inch accessories

Nycokla

.22LR
Hello new to mossberg shotguns but not new to shooting... Was looking online but can't find what I need..

I'm looking to replace the foregrip with a foregrip rail system so I can install magpul angled foregrip... I'm also looking for good low profile rail for the optical mount. I'm also looking to install the heat guard as well..
After doing some research I found foregrips but there is a lot of fine print about most foregrips fitting pre 2008 models ect...
Does anyone have this weapon and has modified it that can educate me.. This persuader came with the telescopic stock...... Thanks

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361641424567.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361641424567.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,002
Re: Mossberg 500 tactical persuader 18.5inch accessories

Nycokla said:
Hello new to mossberg shotguns but not new to shooting... Was looking online but can't find what I need..

I'm looking to replace the foregrip with a foregrip rail system so I can install magpul angled foregrip... I'm also looking for good low profile rail for the optical mount. I'm also looking to install the heat guard as well..
After doing some research I found foregrips but there is a lot of fine print about most foregrips fitting pre 2008 models ect...
Does anyone have this weapon and has modified it that can educate me.. This persuader came with the telescopic stock...... Thanks

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycokla,

Welcome to the forums. I started out with the exact same modle. Check out what I did in the following thread.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=342&start=600

As far as the forend goes, you have a 7 3/4 Action slide tube. So any pump handle you find for the 500/590 that is the 7+ inch will work with your system. There are multiple options out there, find the one you like the most and get it.

For the rail mount I went with a cheap UTG Mount.
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Model-Mossber ... g+UTG+Rail

I can not help with the heat shield, as I have decided not to put one on. As far as the stock goes, if you are going to keep it, and mount a Red Dot, I reccomend looking for a cheek riser, so that you can maintain a good cheek weld.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I have been through and modified most of this model.

Frank

This is the exact same model my father wants to purchase! Great looking shotgun to begin with and the upgrades you intend are excellent decisions!

I know I have heard a lot of positive things about the UTG forend but you may also want to look into the ERGO Tri-railed Forend. A little more expensive but I had it for a good length of time and it was awesome quality stuff! One of the Global Mods, Lazy Eyed Sniper has the UTG and I know he approves of it, I am sure he can post a few photos and some words about his experiences with it.

As far as the stock goes, if you are going to keep it, and mount a Red Dot, I reccomend looking for a cheek riser, so that you can maintain a good cheek weld.

^^THIS^^

Take Care,
Rick

Itsricmo said:
One of the Global Mods, Lazy Eyed Sniper has the UTG and I know he approves of it, I am sure he can post a few photos and some words about his experiences with it.

Take Care,
Rick

The UTG pump handle is the one I put on my shotgun that is linked in the post above (With AFG1). I love the metal and the styling. If you want a pump handle like this, you are going to have to look pretty quickly, and buy fast. UTG canceled the production of this forend. There were still a few available when I bought mine two months ago. You may find vendors that still have them in stock, but once they are gone, they are gone. I have yet to see any come up on the used market (I think that is saying something).

Frank.

They canceled production????? Damn... I guess I may have to get into the market for one really quick and set it aside for some time ;)

The Mako is a great forend and the AFG2 will fit, but the hand stop on it will bang the ever lovin crap outta the knuckle on your index finger every time you pull the trigger.

The original AFG has a longer body with more clearance for your hand...

Magpul AFG

I run one of these on my 590a1 and it's a LOT more comfortable than the shorter AFG2...

I have read that the foregrip above only fits pre 2008 models?
I have been doing some research here and it's hard to find a forend that will fit this...
- GNote via Tapatalk 2

The AFG will fit any forend you have with only minor modification/fitting...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ok if I were to screw the afg into /onto the stock foregrip, then how's the durability

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycokla said:

Both of these will work.

Nycokla said:
I have read that the foregrip above only fits pre 2008 models?
I have been doing some research here and it's hard to find a forend that will fit this...
- GNote via Tapatalk 2

The reveiws are refering to pinned vs action slide tubes. Them saying "Before this date/After this date" is ignorance. Mossberg has placed both pinned and action tubes on various models. There is no rhyme or reason to it. All you need to know is that you have a 7+ inch action slide tube, and you can change the pump handles.

Nycokla said:
LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ok if I were to screw the afg into /onto the stock foregrip, then how's the durability

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

There is a bit of confusion here. LES is implying that IF your pump handle has a picitinny rail on the bottom, the AFG will bolt to it.

To modify your current handle, and mount a picitinny rail to it is a decent sized project. It can be done, and has been by a member on this forum. The durability would depend on your quality of work. This in my opinion is more hassel than buying a new pump handle that was designed to have a picatinny rail.

There are a lot of options out there. Example;
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... 500+Forend

Frank

Thanks for jumpin in there Frank.

Yes, I was referring the AFG fitting any railed forends with only minor modification...

Haha what about a magazine extender? Do they make them for this model

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycokla,

I do not reccomend that style red dot sight. I have one sitting in a box on the shelf. It will fit your gun with the rail you linked. BUT with this style of sight, the sight plane is to high. you cant see the reticle with a cheek weld. You will need a HIGH cheek rest, or a lower sight.

Everything else should bolt right on.

As far as magtube extensions, not for the 500. The only way to do it is to swap out your entire mag tube and barrel. There are 500 and 590 versions of magtubes and barrels you can use. Most of which will take your barrel and magtube out from 18.5 inches to 20, and add 2 rounds in the tube.

Frank

Frank Castle said:
Nycokla,

I do not reccomend that style red dot sight. I have one sitting in a box on the shelf. It will fit your gun with the rail you linked. BUT with this style of sight, the sight plane is to high. you cant see the reticle with a cheek weld. You will need a HIGH cheek rest, or a lower sight.

Everything else should bolt right on.

As far as magtube extensions, not for the 500. The only way to do it is to swap out your entire mag tube and barrel. There are 500 and 590 versions of magtubes and barrels you can use. Most of which will take your barrel and magtube out from 18.5 inches to 20, and add 2 rounds in the tube.

Frank
Thanks frank.... Any recommendations on a lower sight?

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycojla,

I have purchased 3 sights for the shot gun. The one I currently use is;
http://www.amazon.com/Sightmark-Mini-Sh ... tmark+Mini
I love it, it is small and has held up.

The other sight I have that met the requirement, but was a little bulky for me personally was;
http://www.amazon.com/Truglo-Red-Dot-Co ... lo+Red+dot
My model was the 20mm model, a little smaller than the one linked. It was easy to see the sight picture. I never shot with it though.

Frank

Nycokla said:

- GNote via Tapatalk 2
dont know if you resolved your dilemma yet but i'll share my experience. i had the same 500 tactical model and i changed the handguard w/ strap to a mako fab pr-mo trirail handguard because its what mossberg used as there oem accessories. its very easy to install. i dont think you need to worry about the fitment as the action slide tube is 6-5/7inches which is(i think) the standard length that mossberg uses for the new 500s now. once in a while, i would swap out the ATI stock with a standard stock. however, after 25rds i sold it so i can get a 930spx. i got bored.

Back