• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 tactical persuader 18.5inch accessories

Re: Mossberg 500 tactical persuader 18.5inch accessories

Ok now I have two different answers... One fit says a 7inch tube and now another says a different size.....

Also what's a good heart shield? Ati? Which ones fit

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycokla said:
Ok now I have two different answers... One fit says a 7inch tube and now another says a different size.....

Also what's a good heart shield? Ati? Which ones fit

- GNote via Tapatalk 2
well im assuming you recently bought your 500 so i would go with the non-7inch length. i measured my action slide tube and it was 6-1/2in to 6-5/7in something but it definitely was not 7inches. i purchased mine mid last yr from dicks for $430. sadly they support the anti-gun politics so their now only selling hunting style guns, no more tactical style guns from them. i didnt opt for the heat shield because i had one on my first 500 and i never got used to it. it looked cool though plus it really helped holding the barrel after 25rds at the range without getting burnt. if i were you, i would get the oem heat shield that mossberg uses but get it from a third party online retailer. they are cheaper online e.g. amazon. i doubt gunshops would carry them instock. also, i forgot to mention that i added a tacstar sidesaddle 6shell holder and a UTG picatinny scope rail on mine.

Ok let's cut through it... I'll measure the dam thing... So if it's under 7 inches then what do I need to buy to replace the forend? Does no one have this gun?

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

If yours is the 6 3/4 one then you can get just about any forend you want, but you'll need an adapter nut to use it. Hogue has them for like $12. If yours is the 7 5/8 one then you should be able to swap any forend you want, of same length, onto it as is. Minor sanding may be needed for a perfect fit, as with just about any synthetic stock type part.
Rare occasion that yours is 7 5/8 and you want a 6 3/4 forend, THEN you'll need a different slide tube assembly. I hope that clarifies, a little bit more, of what you'll need to do or get.

If you want to sell the " Mossberg" strap off yours let me know, I want it :)

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

I should also specify, that is under the assumption that it is not the pinned style. If you look through yours and see a metal sleeve, your good to go with the above information.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Frank Castle said:
As far as the forend goes, you have a 7 3/4 Action slide tube. So any pump handle you find for the 500/590 that is the 7+ inch will work with your system. There are multiple options out there, find the one you like the most and get it.
Frank

I bought my Persuader in November. It was the 7" action tube. Looks identical to yours. Even if you happen to have a 6" action tube, almost all of the pump handle manufacturers have made their pump handles to fit the 7" model. What they do to reduce inventory and managing diffrent products is they provide a spacer with the pump handles. So basically you get the pump handle, and a spacer. If you dont need the spacer, you use your stock nut. It really isnt that difficult. Just pick a forend you like, and go with it.

Frank

Ok so even if my 500 doesn't have a slide tube... That means I have to buy a slide tube? If so how do I determine the size to buy? This is nutty

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Ok so even if my 500 doesn't have a slide tube... That means I have to buy a slide tube? If so how do I determine the size to buy? This is nutty

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycokla said:

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nycokla,

Yours DOES have the action slide tube. All you need to do is buy the pump handle you want. Like I said, most are standard size with a spacer (If yours happens to be the 6" action slide tube, just use the provided spacer). On mine, I just unscrewed the nut, slide the old handle off, slide the new handle on, and tighten the nut, done.

Frank

Here is an update... Installed mako foregrip with magpul afg2.. Now looking for a heat shield that will fit snug

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362870864473.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362870864473.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 413
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362870879363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362870879363.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 412
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362870889674.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362870889674.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 413

Lookin good!

How does the AFG2 working out for you?

Nycokla said:
Here is an update... Installed mako foregrip with magpul afg2..

I'm still setting up my first shotgun and I'm very interested to hear how you like your forend setup with the AFG2. I bought one for my AR but ended up going with the Magpul RVG and use it more as a hand stop than using a full grip on it. I tried holding my AFG up to the stock forend to get an idea of the ergonomics but it doesn't work that way. :lol:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Here's mine... :D

Sorry for the newb question, but when using foregrip like that on a shotgun do you use a full grip or more like a hand stop? I'm guessing a full grip since you want to work the pump with authority?

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Lookin good!

How does the AFG2 working out for you?
It works very well.. It has zero movement and and the quality is top notch. The feel of it is very normal and comfortable.

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Nice!

I tried the AFG2, but the hand stop beat the crap outta my knuckle. Switched to the longer AFG and it worked much better for me...

Kadelic said:
Sorry for the newb question, but when using foregrip like that on a shotgun do you use a full grip or more like a hand stop? I'm guessing a full grip since you want to work the pump with authority?

Yup, full grip.

It works well for me with a normal stance, but the local range has a wierd set-up that only allows us to shoot seated from a bench. With the vertical grip it's a lot easier to manipulate the action from the side rather than having to get underneath it...

Nycokla said:
Here is an update... Installed mako foregrip with magpul afg2.. Now looking for a heat shield that will fit snug

- GNote via Tapatalk 2
wise choice going for the Mako FAB pr-mo tri rail.

here is a link for the heatshield.
http://www.amazon.com/Mossberg-Heat-Shi ... eat+shield

mossberg's online store had one but they took it off. i guess they stopped selling them or maybe just need to call.

Updated

Here is the gun updated with a tac star heat shield... Now all I need is a top rail and optic.. Oh and a rail mounted flashlight
qy5e6use.jpg
2y2usesu.jpg

e9ehu6e4.jpg
ra9utuda.jpg
4ymavy5u.jpg

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

looking good. :D

Ordered top rail and low profile Reflex sight... Will update pictures when i get them installed

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

Awesome, glad it is coming together for you. keep us posted.

Frank

Back