• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500E upgrades

GT_80

.270 WIN
After my range time last weekend, I decided I wanted to do some modifications on my 500E .410

I ordered a corncob fore grip from Numrich as well as a pistol grip and my intention was to have the barrel trimmed to 18.5", put the corncob grip on, and put a pistol grip on and use it as a home defense low recoil gun.

The corncob grip was made for a single action bar, and my gun is a dual action bar, so I had to whittle some wood off it so the action slide cleared, and I hit is with some Ballistol to keep it looking good and seal the wood a little, then assembled it, and put the action back together.

After that, I was going to try and put the pistol grip on, but once I saw how good it looked with the stock, I am not sure I want to put the pistol grip on... I was also debating possibly cutting the factory stock to make it more like a shockwave or more like a Nightstick actually, but I can't bring myself to cut a nice stock.

So with a now 18.75" barrel and the corncob grip I think this is about how I want to leave it. It looks pretty nice. My two 12 gauges both have corncob foregrips, and now my .410 as well, so my 20 gauge may need to get one :) For some reason the trench guns/ riot guns are my favrorite of all, so all my model 500's will most likely end up like that.

036.JPG 043.JPG 041.JPG 037.JPG

here are my two 12 gauges with Corncob grips - the Pursuader looking one is actually a Maverick 88 8 shot with model 500 wood furniture, and the other one is a model 500ATP with a standard mag tube and the factory heat shield.

I may put a heat shield on the pursuader as well, so I have what looks like the two Military and police style models that were made in the 70's -80's.

Did I mention that I love the 500?

Attachments

• 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 10
My husband just gave me a 500 E .140 pump for my birthday. I have tried to find out the year it was made, but am having no luck. Could you lead me in the right direction for finding out the year my shotgun was made by any chance?

1987 ,,,,,I also answered you in the serial number thread.

I love my .410! I would like to have a 20 inch vent rib barrel for it, making it the perfect length.
Right now it's sporting the 20 inch factory slug barrel with rifle sights. I wish Mossberg would make a 590A1 version in .410, I missed out on the Shockwave.
b2pKL6D.jpg

After my range time last weekend, I decided I wanted to do some modifications on my 500E .410

I ordered a corncob fore grip from Numrich as well as a pistol grip and my intention was to have the barrel trimmed to 18.5", put the corncob grip on, and put a pistol grip on and use it as a home defense low recoil gun.

The corncob grip was made for a single action bar, and my gun is a dual action bar, so I had to whittle some wood off it so the action slide cleared, and I hit is with some Ballistol to keep it looking good and seal the wood a little, then assembled it, and put the action back together.

After that, I was going to try and put the pistol grip on, but once I saw how good it looked with the stock, I am not sure I want to put the pistol grip on... I was also debating possibly cutting the factory stock to make it more like a shockwave or more like a Nightstick actually, but I can't bring myself to cut a nice stock.

So with a now 18.75" barrel and the corncob grip I think this is about how I want to leave it. It looks pretty nice. My two 12 gauges both have corncob foregrips, and now my .410 as well, so my 20 gauge may need to get one :) For some reason the trench guns/ riot guns are my favrorite of all, so all my model 500's will most likely end up like that.

View attachment 19998 View attachment 19999 View attachment 20000 View attachment 20001
I like the look the Corncob front end gives, makes the original look blocky.

I like the look the Corncob front end gives, makes the original look blocky.
Can't see your pictures but sounds good. I use a 410 for HD I have a 18.75 barrel I cut down and a youth stock. Great with a 3in #6 shell

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Back