• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 505 tactical accessory options?

strikethebox

Copper BB
Hello,
I just found this site and found lots of valuable info from you guys! Thanks! I bought my wife a Moss. 505 .410 pump shotgun which she uses for home self defense as I am away often. She wants to turn it into a more "tactical" style shotgun with expandable stock, laser/light fore end and so on. My question is, are the accessories for the Moss. 500 compatible with the 505 and if not, can I get .410 505 accessories? Because I know someone is going to ask, she is just not comfortable with a .20 gauge so that gun is not going to work. ;) Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rich G.

The .410 is a tough Mossberg to find accessories for. I am not aware of any direct fit stock or forend setups other than the ones from Mossberg directly.

FYI, the Blackhawk Knoxx SPECOPS NRS stock (K08200-C from WalMart, etc.) bolts right onto the Mossy 500E (.410 pump) with very minor modifications to the plastic stock.

Mossberg 505 Youth model referenced above with tactical stock just added:
505reborn_zps7a133942.jpg

mightreply said:
Mossberg 505 Youth model referenced above with tactical stock just added:
505reborn_zps7a133942.jpg

Nice lookin' shotty. :) Thanks for sharing.

oh yea,,,,Welcome to the forum from NY.

Thank you, old mossy.

It is my friend Mike's 505. He was very pleased to find a source for that tactical stock after a considerable search. Now he is going after the forearm stock...his back-up plan is to repaint the one on the gun black and be done with his transformation project. He can even attach a rail or two to it if he is as crazy as me....

First visit to the site and I already have a question. I just picked up this exact shotgun and was wondering about the stock and pistol grip options. I saw on the website above [relating to the photo] that they do not list the 505 at all. So will that grip and butt stock fit the 505 even though it is listed for the 500? If this is true, will the 500's pistol grip fit the 505? I wanted to get a Mossberg 500 Cruiser in 410, but this one came up first so i snagged it. Seems the Cruisers are not available right now.
Thanks!

DeckArtist,

I accompanied my friend Mike to a get-together with the owner of that web store (very local for us), and he had an adapter that he placed first on the 505...then the pistol grip and tactical stock went on very nicely.

The day before that I took the original stock from my 500 Persuader to my friend's home, and we removed the wood stock from his 505, intending to see if the 500 stock would fit the 505. It did, with a small "lip" around the mating junction of the stock and receiver...you could see it and feel it, but it was not outrageous, and did not affect the functionality of the shotgun at all. So I concluded that at least some 500 butt stocks will fit the 505 receiver (we only "dry fit" the 500 stock to the 505 receiver, as we were going aftermarket tactical...I mention this b/c based on that experience, I can't say if the stock attachment bolt will work or if a different one has to be used...but that would be easy...)

Can't say if all or most 500 stocks will fit a 505. There are so many 500 models out there now, way more of them than definitive information about interchangeability of parts, unfortunately...but with just the above components, we succeeded.

My experience with this was just last Tuesday (11/26). The web store owner's name is Brian - a very good man. If you contact him he will remember helping us (Mike and Tom), and I think he can tell you a lot more about this topic.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I will contact him if I don't get one at the gun show today. I am hoping to get a regular stock and a pistol grip for it so I can have both functions. I will post the results when I get there.

Good luck at the gun show!

You will do fine if the person on the other side of the table knows his stuff, and is able get a little beyond the generic answer.

(the generic answer:"Sure, it will fit! All it takes is a little cutting and grinding.....)

I did find out that as far as he knew there are no other options other than Mossberg's site for the pistol grip. He said he did not know about the No Kick site. I will call Brian tomorrow and see what he says. Funny, the Mossberg site doesn't mention the 505 either for the grip I want. Going to double check later tonite.

Alrighty then....finally got the pistol grip installed on my 505. The answer is almost ANY 500 pistol grip will work, but ALL of them will need modification. My gunsmith ordered a kit for mine after I failed to find a reasonably priced option. The kit above in the photo was way to expensive for what I wanted to do. I did not want the stock behind the pistol grip. The forend will not fit no matter what you do, but I am going to refinish mine in a black stain [Jacobean] as well as the factory stock to match so that if I decide to go bird hunting, I will have the option of reinstalling the stock. So the round portion of the pistol grip will need to be dremel'd out a bit to fit, but the fix works perfectly. Total cost for the kit for me was $35. Going to try and sell the forend for a few dollars to offset the minor cost.

Anyway, here are the pics of the shotgun after mods and the package/number of the kit I got. My gunsmith says any pistol grip that is made for the 500 will fit after the round portion is 'adjusted' on the joining surface of the grip.
20131220_202905.jpg

20131220_203039.jpg

20131220_203045.jpg

20131220_203120.jpg

Good lookin'shotty. Glad you got it all working. Thanks for sharing. :D

Nice work, DeckArtist!

Here is how my friend's 505 project has come along. He is adding a Picatinny rail and a ghost ring sight now, and that will be it...

9adf4742-0e86-4191-a82e-b505ac17b95a_zpsb84d1ca9.jpg

Anyone else out there converting a 505?

Back