• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 bayonet stabbing

Maddhorizon

Copper BB
Why a bayonet? ... I know, I know, why not a bayonet. But seriously, my thinking of having a bayonet in a real SHTF scenario if I run out of ammo or the attacker gets close enough to get the pig stick. I feel that the mounting is probably weak and will not hold up to real situational pick sticking and maybe knife twisting if needed. ( I watch a lot of movies). Video after video n YT I see how easily the bayonet is placed and removed. You may stick the attacker well but I feel the he can take the bayonet right off the rifle and may have a chance to use it on me. What say you?

I really think that people attaching a bayonet to a shotgun is more of an "I can" thing, than an "I will" thing. The bayonet in modern times is just what you said, a last ditch, "OH $h!t" thing. I can't imagine anyone leaving the bayonet on their shotty standing in the corner. The 590 I had back in the '90's had the bayonet lug, but I never bothered to buy the proper bayonet for it. If I had one of the various models of Trench Gun, I for sure would have the proper bayonet for that, because a Trench Gun needs a short sword on the end of it to look proper as issued. If I were to buy a new, 20" 590A1, I would probably buy the proper bayonet for it to complete the package.

I think a bayonet is more of a deterrent than anything. It will certainly keep a mob further away from you and less likely to grab your gun because they will get sliced. First pic is an M7, second pic is my patented Zombie Brain Spike. ;)

bayo3.jpg
brainspike.jpg

Have a bayonet for my 590a1. Doubt it will be of use but you never know.

c4a045c3ba9abcad09a27704914053cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had a bayonet for my 500.

Maybe one of you guys may know where I could pick up a bayonet lug?

Why a bayonet? ... I know, I know, why not a bayonet. But seriously, my thinking of having a bayonet in a real SHTF scenario if I run out of ammo or the attacker gets close enough to get the pig stick. I feel that the mounting is probably weak and will not hold up to real situational pick sticking and maybe knife twisting if needed. ( I watch a lot of movies). Video after video n YT I see how easily the bayonet is placed and removed. You may stick the attacker well but I feel the he can take the bayonet right off the rifle and may have a chance to use it on me. What say you?

I think your point (no pun intended) is valid and I have never really thought about it. If the mount is not truly solid, it would likely be a negative, rather than a positive. Take care. Tom Worthington

While I can understand your thought process I believe having a mounted bayonet is actuallly a detractor especially in a home defense situation or room clearing scenario. You're adding several inches of length to your shotgun and it's requiring you to be careful to not impact walls or other objects. But run a few drill inside the house and see. Just be caerful of wall, door or furniture damage.

My suggestion. Plan on having plenty of ammo for the worse case situation. A full magazine plus a weapon mounted shot card and a few extra round in your pocket are key along with efficient tactical loading. The other must, in my opinion, is a backup side arm. Whether you run out of ammo or have a malfunction which you either can't or don't have time to clear due to the situation you should immediately transition from your shotgun to your backup side arm.

Regards

Besides the ultra cool factor, if anything its attitude if an assailant, aka mutt, gutter rat, antifa, BLM, or an attacking WOKE girlie man retard. When seeing a shotgun greeting them on your property or threats to enter your home is scary enough, but sporting a bayonet....will easily make them stain their pants realizing that if they call your bluff and you decide not to light them up with some double O, you can easily poke 'em like a stuffed pig a few times and watch them scream like little girls who just wet their panties. And for those who continue to advance.....well then its wait for the flash cause they will never hear the sound.

Attachments

• IMG_E2330.JPG
    IMG_E2330.JPG
    342.6 KB · Views: 4
I wonder myself why bayonets aren't used more often in crowd and riot control situations? A line of officers with shields and in-between them and poking through the gap between the shields would be another row of officers with bayonets mounted on 590A1s. SO WHAT if some pinhead miscreants get a little bit sliced and diced for their aggression... :D

BTW, Welcome Aboard and Thank You for your Service! :)

bayo3.jpg

brainspike.jpg

Back