• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mossberg 590 issue and customer service

thecelt

Hey guys, a buddy of mine recently bought a 590 and when he got it there was staining from the flux where the front site was soldered in place; which looked like crap. So I advised him to contact mossy cs and send it in to be repaired/refinished/replaced barrel or whatever mossy wanted to do.

It was received on 12/5, and logged in on 12/9 which he found out by calling, but he has had a heck of a time getting anyone on the phone, getting any answers as to what they are going to do, and when he can expect it back. He has sent numerous emails with not a single reply. Frankly, the cs has seemed pretty terrible.

Im posting here as he isnt a member on this forum, and I recommended the gun to him so I feel bad for this hassle.

I told him to email Dude... email:

Jzakher@mavericarms.com

As I have heard everyone on here say he helps, but even he has not responded.

Does anyone know a better/more direct contact to reach out for at mossy to get some answers?

Thanks

Is it a standard 590 or a 590A1?

Joe is the man but there is nothing he can do in this case. I, as well as every other 590/590A1 owner on the forum, will tell you that the discoloration is 100% normal and appears on every parkerized barrel with silver solder application. The solder has to be applied before the finish and the finish does not take over the solder. If it's truly a big deal for your friend, I would suggest to just tape it off and spray paint over it with some Rustoleum high heat outdoor grill spray paint. It blends pretty well with the finish...

IMG_26731.jpg Appreciate the reply, its really very messy and joe hasnt even replied to his email asking for help. I also suggested just painting the barrel with bbq paint, but on a new gun it shouldnt be this bad. So he sent it in as a matter of principle.

Thanks for the photos.

The discoloration around the seam is normal, but the rest is rather excessively sloppy work. I understand this is really frustrating, but being the holiday season I would give Mr. Zakher the benefit of doubt. He is only one man and everyone deserves a vacation this time of year. I'd try him again next week and go from there...

Have you tried to clean the area with a good cleaner like brake cleaner or paint thinner? May not work, but worth a try, some of those fluxs are like a heavy grease.

Cutter, From what I know about flux is that its an acid so no cleaner is gonna work.

lazy eyed sniper, thanks for replies and I agree that it should be expected around the seems. And everyone is entitled to a vacation, but my buddy did email him back in early december. I think ill email him myself. Thanks again.

Back