• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

It's been a couple years since I bought mine and to my knowledge the 12ga units have been discontinued. Only place I know of that still has 'em is The Country Shed. I've bought a ton of stuff from them and they're top notch. The 12ga UTG rail (item# MNT-HGMB500A) is a ways down the page and is the one I have on my 590a1...

UTG 12ga Mossberg 500 Forearm

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
It's been a couple years since I bought mine and to my knowledge the 12ga units have been discontinued. Only place I know of that still has 'em is The Country Shed. I've bought a ton of stuff from them and they're top notch. The 12ga UTG rail (item# MNT-HGMB500A) is a ways down the page and is the one I have on my 590a1...

Thanks a bunch !!!

I was unaware that the 500 UTG 12ga forend and the 590 where not interchangeable.
My apologies!

For my future knowledge, is it the length or style of forend that doesn't allow them too swap out?

The 12ga UTG unit is interchangeable between a 500/590.

The problem posted was regarding the 20ga vs. the 12ga forends. The UTG 20ga model will not fit on a 12ga firearm...

Well I knew that, I went back and the link I posted was for a 20ga but I copied the 12ga link from Amazon :eek: My bad if I messed up and again my Apologies! I will read harder next time :p

Thank you for this!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
The 12ga UTG unit is interchangeable between a 500/590.

The problem posted was regarding the 20ga vs. the 12ga forends. The UTG 20ga model will not fit on a 12ga firearm...

Yo LES, I'm not too familiar with the 20g but what is the actual difference between the 2 forends? Slide tube lengths?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

My first guess would be the slide tube diameter rather than the length.

Same goes with any poly or wood forends. The 20ga models don't fit on the larger 12ga slide tubes...

I believe another member had purchased a Wood 20ga forend and tried to sand it out to fit a 12 gauge. My belief there would be that the 20ga certainly has a smaller Diameter.

Yup.. your right.. the whole barrel & mag tube is slimmer right.. I'm trying to figure out if I can run the smaller of the two 12ga 500 slide tubes, so i can get a certain forend to work. But the 20ga is a totally different animal.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Jimmy, are you looking at running the shorter 12ga slide on a 20ga tube?

In that case I would imagine that you would have to put some kind of buffer mod inside the 12ga slide to fit the smaller tube diameter.. but if that isn't what you are doing, ignore my rambling ;)

Itsricmo said:
but if that isn't what you are doing, ignore my rambling ;)

Ignored.....

Just playing bud.. =P I am trying to figure out how to run a shorter forend, but not on a 20ga, I want it on my 18" A1. Its kinda complicated to explain but I I'm trying to figure out how I could run the surefire polymer forend for a 14"bbl. But only if the whole assembly isnt going to sit extremely close to the reciever. If it does, the lighting setup will cast a huge shadow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Oh, I see what you are trying too do. I have absolutely no expertise with the SBS stuff.. Sorry :p

LES or MikeD has a 14" and should be able to help! (I am probably wrong on who owns it haha)

Back