• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Forends

tcochr, by original AFG do you mean AFG 1 or 2. I am still undecided about which forend to put on my 590A1. I wish magpul would come out with the one for mossberg. they just keep saying fall of 2013

^ That's an AFG he has mounted.

The AFG 2 is shorter and more compact all around. I tried an AFG 2 on mine, but with the shorter base the hand-stop smacked the ever loving crap outta the knuckle on my index finger every time I pulled the trigger. Many others here on the board experienced the same issue. I switched up to the longer AFG and have had no issues...

I just wanted to note that I haven't had the issue that LES has with his AFG2. My hands may be smaller, or my grip may be different, but it doesn't bang my knuckles. Just thought I put that out there.

However, once I get that ATI forend, I may order the AFG1 and see if I like it even better :)

Wife is getting me an early Christmas present due to the ATI "25 for 25" sale!! ATI Talon 5-sided forend and an 8" rail section...ordered! I'll post pictures when it's on, but I might have to actually wait until Christmas :roll:

Just got an email stating Midway has the Magpul forend for the mossberg in stock. I just ordered one along with an AFG. Will update post when I receive the forend and afg

MWright936 said:
Wife is getting me an early Christmas present due to the ATI "25 for 25" sale!! ATI Talon 5-sided forend and an 8" rail section...ordered! I'll post pictures when it's on, but I might have to actually wait until Christmas :roll:
Do you have a link to this sale?

srvctec said:
Do you have a link to this sale?

If you're on Facebook, I would recommend liking ATI on there. That's how I found out about the sale. They have had a few more since the one I posted about.

MWright936 said:
If you're on Facebook, I would recommend liking ATI on there. That's how I found out about the sale. They have had a few more since the one I posted about.

Good call Matt, we try and keep everyone updated there! You can choose to see all of our posts there in the options as well. Most fans only see 1in 4 or 5 posts these days.

Check us out at www.Facebook.com/ATIgunstocks

I was finally able to unwrap and install my new ATI Talon 5-Sided Forend! Installation was easy, and it's awesome!

Now, I'm leaning more toward the opinion of the "anti-AFG2" folks. I put my AFG2 on the new forend, and after running a few rounds through it, especially after a couple 3" #4 steel loads, I did bang my knuckles on the front of the grip. I started thinking I should get the original AFG since people say it's bigger and doesn't pose the knuckle-banging problem, but I don't have one to try, and I hate to spend almost $40 on something that might not be any better.

To my question... Has anyone tried this grip: http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/ptk.htm ? It looks pretty awesome and doesn't have the front "tab" that bangs the knuckles on the AFG's. Thoughts?

Quick question.

I just installed my ATI Talon Forend on my 590A1.
MF1 front adapter
MR3 rear adapter

Seems like a lot of play.
http://youtu.be/2riuTNBUZeU

Does this look right?

Love the feel of it so far. Going to add the Magpul AFG1.

One other cool thing if you have a Leatherman.
(I'm guessing the bits are the same size)
The extended tool bit fits on the ring nut perfect.
any9a5y7.jpg

are6y6a8.jpg

Thanks
Rich

3skulls said:
Quick question.

I just installed my ATI Talon Forend on my 590A1.
MF1 front adapter
MR3 rear adapter

Seems like a lot of play.
http://youtu.be/2riuTNBUZeU

Does this look right?

Love the feel of it so far. Going to add the Magpul AFG1.

One other cool thing if you have a Leatherman.
(I'm guessing the bits are the same size)
The extended tool bit fits on the ring nut perfect.

Thanks
Rich

I just put the same forend on my A1. I pulled it out to check it after watching your video, and it does the same as yours. If you look at how the forend is attached, it makes sense there will be some play. As long as it doesn't rub the barrel, I don't think it could hurt anything.

Thanks!

I did see what you mean with there having to be some. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.
No rubbing anywhere so I think I'm good.

Just need to get some extra shells and test her out. Thanks again!

Rich

I haven't been real happy with the UTG Tri-Rail on my 590A1. It just doesn't feel good in my hand. Love the looks of it, but it loses functionality with my big hands. I will be removing it and selling it and the rails it came with in the next few weeks and installing an ATI Aluminum Shotgun Forend Short Rail Package A.5.10.1180. Hopefully, the ATI fill my hand a little better.

20140101_193611_zps7ec86cc8.jpg

20140101_193634_zpse02ef344.jpg

20140101_193623_zpsc98300d6.jpg

20140101_193647_zps4769ad58.jpg

srvctec said:
I will be removing it and selling it and the rails it came with in the next few weeks and installing an ATI Aluminum Shotgun Forend Short Rail Package A.5.10.1180. Hopefully, the ATI fill my hand a little better.

We appreciate your business and know you'll love the Talon aluminum forend! Don't forget we have the 10% forum discount with promo code "Mossberg" at www.ATIgunstocks.com

3skulls said:
I feel like I'm going to break something with all that play. :/

We've had no issues with our polymer forends and they're covered by our lifetime warranty so you've got nothing to worry about there!

Back