• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Heat Shields

Re: AIMPRO Tactical Heat Shield for 20"

^^^Yup!

As far as I understand, its worth the wait!

VitSports6 said:
onehappycampster said:
VitSports6 said:
FWIW, I finally ordered a heat shield from AimPro.
Should be fun.

They are in stock now?
Unsure, I just ordered it online, If it takes a bit to arrive, I'm good, No rush.
Mine should be for the 18'5"

Ok. My mistake. I should have asked about both while on the phone. I asked about 20" only. Their webstore only shows your model.

Guess it's been a while since anyone has been interested in heat shields :) I'm getting ready to place an order through aimpro over the phone (hoping to talk them into shipping through usps... fedex would cost half the price of the shield!!) but curious if I should go with a parkerized finish or the matte black coating. I've seen a couple of pictures and it looks like the parkerizing is more the gunmetal grey color, quite a bit lighter than both the barrel and reciever of the 590. Now of course I know that parkerizing will be more durable (or will it???) but I'm just curious what you guys think.

I love a park'd finish for the durability, doesn't show scratches as easy as blued.

It is a bit lighter and has a different hue than the matte blue, but both are are pretty close. Two of these are matte blue and one is park'd...

I don't think it's gonna fit on the A1 barrels, but I'm sure ATI will return your message...

You're right LES. I heard back from Alisha with ATI just now, and she said it would not fit the heavy barrel. Thought I would share just so everyone knows. Still a really cool looking product!

Help with a Heat Shield

Hey everyone, I've had my 590A1 for about 8 months now and am having no luck in finding a Parkerized Heat Shield for it. I have the 20" HB. Can anyone out there help me find one? I sure would appreciate it.

I'll also take a used one if it is nice.

Please Email me at 37thguy at ameritech dot net

Thanks a bunch ;)

Re: Help with a Heat Shield

,,,,call mossberg,,,,(800) 363-3555

I called Mossberg today and the rep said their heat shield would not install on a barrel with ghost ring sights.
Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

doitda said:
I called Mossberg today and the rep said their heat shield would not install on a barrel with ghost ring sights.
Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,
Chris

Most of the time the heat shield slides over the muzzle end of the barrel towards the back, but I know many members (including myself) have successfully "forced" the shield on from the top. The front clamp is the issue... so as long as you wedge something in between the heat shield and the barrel as you're taping it on (unless you don't mind a scratch on the barrel) you should be ok. Now make sure you getting a heat shield for a 590... the barrel is thicker, therefor the heat shields are a little different.

Thanks, I will probably order this for my ghost ring barrel then and use a tshirt to try and prevent scratches.

Back