• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Heat Shields

Ive done it to many of my airguns in the past. I've had 100 plus of them lol. I find that once bead blasted, Oxpho Blue takes very evenly to it, and after all, it's only a heat shield.

Some of these were done with Oxpho Blue. My wood is what started the whole thing, but I then started working on the metal finished lol. OCD lol.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.m.andres/media_set?set=a.1317984714726.2040384.1384000598&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/richard.m.andres/media_set?set=a.1352983429672.2044137.1384000598&type=3

Last edited:
Although the heat shield looks cool, I think I will go without. The shotgun looks so cool just the way it is, as the taper of the barrel is almost right to the muzzle. I'm afraid that the (clamp on shield) will just be a forever moving and scratching add on, that I don't need for a seldom used security weapon.

Hey ya'll check out what I got!

Shipped direct from Mossberg!

They actually showed up a week after I ordered them - my father knew I was prepared to wait for them, so he hid the packages until Christmas morning - today.

Y0nDqcQ.jpg

8ZyVIDv.jpg

The quality, fit and finish is absolutely fantastic, and at $38 apiece (when a park'd 500 heatshield goes for $50) they are a STEAL.

If you want one I highly recommend giving Mossberg a call and ordering one - you won't be disappointed.

So according to the pics you posted, you have the Ghost ring sites on your 590a1, and yet you have a Mossberg factory heat shield installed.

So my question is: how did you install the heat shield? Did you have to spread apart the heat shield grips with a clamp and slide it over the barrel?

I just picked up a heat shield (from Mossberg) for my own 590a1, but since I have the XS ghost sites, I'm trying to figure out how to install it without scratching up my shotgun's finish.

Edit: Also, anyone have a link to the instructions for installing the heat shield?

Last edited:
Does anyone have a photo of the A1 heat shield (part #16335P) that clearly shows the mounting system at both ends? Also how long is the 16335P heat shield? I'm looking to see if this heat shield can be modified for the 590 Shockwave.

Does anyone have a photo of the A1 heat shield (part #16335P) that clearly shows the mounting system at both ends? Also how long is the 16335P heat shield? I'm looking to see if this heat shield can be modified for the 590 Shockwave.

I have the A1 heatshield. I can provide pics and measurements later when I get home.

When you get the measurements can you give me the measurements from the rear of the heat shield to: 1. The end of the shield, 2. To the first and to the second screw holes at the front, and 3. to the front and to the rear of the screw plate. I'm thinking that the shield for the 590A1 may be just a little too long. I might have to drill and tap the barrel loop that goes arond the mag tube. I would do the tapped hole between the bottom of the barrel and the top of the hole for the mag tube. it may or may not be possible but I need to get as much info before I drop $42.00 on the 16335P heat shield. That price is from Mossberg yesterday. I apologize for being a pain.

When you get the measurements can you give me the measurements from the rear of the heat shield to: 1. The end of the shield, 2. To the first and to the second screw holes at the front, and 3. to the front and to the rear of the screw plate. I'm thinking that the shield for the 590A1 may be just a little too long. I might have to drill and tap the barrel loop that goes arond the mag tube. I would do the tapped hole between the bottom of the barrel and the top of the hole for the mag tube. it may or may not be possible but I need to get as much info before I drop $42.00 on the 16335P heat shield. That price is from Mossberg yesterday. I apologize for being a pain.

I won't be able to get the measurements until the weekend, so it'll be a bit. Also, have you asked whether or not the regular 500/590 heatshield will work with the shockwave? The 16335P heatshield is made specifically for the 590a1 due to barrel thickness. Does the shockwave have the same profile barrel as the 590a1?

I won't be able to get the measurements until the weekend, so it'll be a bit. Also, have you asked whether or not the regular 500/590 heatshield will work with the shockwave? The 16335P heatshield is made specifically for the 590a1 due to barrel thickness. Does the shockwave have the same profile barrel as the 590a1?

No problem with this weekend. With luck, I should pick up my Shockwave Tuesday. Everything I have read and watched says the Shockwave has the same heavy barrel profile as the 590A1.

Today I received this email from Mossberg:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your email. There are currently no plans to make a heatshield for the shockwave at this time. The direct measurement of the other heathsield is not immediately available however it is roughly 17"

Sincerely,

Customer Service Team
O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.

So, all you aftermarket companies. This is your chance to make a heat shield for the Shockwave. I believe Aimpro has one but it is about $167.

Can someone tell me just how long the Mossberg 590A1 parkerized heat shield 16335P is? I can't find it anywhere.

Can anyone give me the length of the heat shield for the Mossberg 590A1 heat shield (part 16335P)? A photo of the front mounting area would also be helpful.

Can anyone give me the length of the heat shield for the Mossberg 590A1 heat shield (part 16335P)? A photo of the front mounting area would also be helpful.

Length is ~ 13.5"

Do you still need pictures and all the other measurements? Sorry for taking so long.

Last edited:
Thanks Fred. If it's no bother the other measurements will help. At 13.5" it's starting to look good for the Shockwave.

Heads Up! I just ordered the Mossberg parkerized heat shield for the 590A1 (part 16335P) from Mossberg. Cost $30 plus 6.95 ship. They have 74 in stock as of this morning.

Back