• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590A1 Out of Stock

That was a good read. I guess they were siding with the 90% of sales vs the 10% mentioned in the article.

When I was researching remington vs mossberg, part of the reason I wanted the mossberg was because I read mossberg didnt like something Dicks did. That sounded like a proud company to me. that's why I bought mossberg.

Ken Darcy, Remington’s CEO, took to social media on Monday regarding the COVID-19 situation. The company’s iconic New York factory is currently shut down due to Cuomo’s order.

“We are left with 1-million square feet of available manufacturing distribution space in Ilion, New York, the birthplace of Remington,” said Darcy, going on to explain that Big Green has offered the facility up to both state and federal governments during the crisis.

“We are standing by, ready, willing, and able to support in any way we possibly can,” said Darcy. “It would be an honor for our company to donate space for the manufacture of mission-critical products such as ventilators, hospital beds, or anything else deemed necessary.”

In Alabama, where Remington has a multi-brand factory in Huntsville, there is currently no statewide stay-at-home order.

It should be noted that many of the larger gun makers in the U.S. have diversified their operations across a number of locations. For instance, Beretta has factories in both Maryland and Tennessee; Ruger has plants in Arizona, Connecticut, and New Hampshire; and Mossberg makes guns in both Connecticut and Texas.

And...has Mossberg shut down production at its plants in Conn and Tx? And what do they make where?
A quick Google search turned up a number of articles pointing to all Mossberg pumps being assembled in Eagle Pass, TX for quite some time now.

Couldn't find a definite answer to whether they have shutdown production in Eagle Pass, but there are a number of COVID19 cases there and would guess they have likely scaled back production staffing.

There seems to be a definite shortage of defensive / tactical / short-barrel shotguns just about everywhere at the moment.

I've been monitoring what new Mossbergs are going for on Gunbroker. It's pretty much insane, but if people are happy paying what they are paying to get what they want...so be it. Free market economy in action, law of supple/demand. No rhyme or reason to it as far as I can tell. A gently used Mossberg 500 with a magpul stock and forend (front bead sight only) went for $500. I saw a retrograde 590A1 go for over $1100.

Nothing particularly surprising here, but I did contact Mossberg directly and asked about the inventory levels of Mossberg 500s, 590s, and 590A1s and specifically the Magpul edition of the 590A1 and received this response:

Thank you for your email. This model is not being discontinued and we are doing what we can to get them back out and on the shelves with the rest of our models in the 500, 590 and 590A1 line.

And...last night I got a notice from an online retailer that they have the one I wanted back in stock, and I jumped on it. Had to pay a bit more than pre-COVID, but ... ok. Fine. I'll take it. A lot better than what numbskulls on Gunbroker are laying down for Mossberg shotguns right now. Desperate times, desperate measures and all that, I get it. But..wow.

And....nope. Just heard back from Impact Arms. Seems their "back in stock" alert was bogus. They took my order and now, a day later, they tell me, "Oh, sorry...we don't have it afterall." Sleezy business practice. I cancelled the order, needless to say.

Well, I sold the Beretta 1301 last night on Gunbroker for ... get this ... over $1300.

Now I just need to find me some 590A1s in stock...somewhere.

Mossberg told me they are making them as fast as they can, but ... they sure are not in stock anywhere.

And as of thirty minutes ago I actually have on its way to my FFL a Mossberg 590A1 Magpul edition. Price was a bit higher than during "normal" times, but nothing insane like I've seen happening on Gunbroker. I sold my Beretta 1301 semi-auto on Gunbroker to fund the purchase and it went for over $1300!

I was 1301 shopping on GB the last 2-3 weeks. Was yours the one listed with the Nordic universal extension that stuck out a bit from the barrel?

Back