• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 695 bolt action shotgun???

selous

.270 WIN
I have a Mossberg 695 bolt action shotgun,all synthetic with a 22" inch barrel.Is not a very usual shotgun here in Spain.
Actually I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on it.Good accuracy and knockdown power with Remington Accutip sabot slug.I like this gun a lot.
Please,anybody using this gun for hunting let us to know it.
I´ll post pictures as soon as possible.
Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your pictures of your great looking Mossberg 695!

Dan,thanks for your words.I am very proud of this gun.The only thing that I had to modify was the trigger pressure.It has,from factory,one of the hardest trigger I ever pulled.
Recently I changed the Bushnell red dot for a japanese Hakko red dot.I will install one "Accu riser 6000" comb riser in order to get better eye alignment.The same that I have installed in my Mossberg 500 but with the low rubber pad.
Although I reach the front face of trigger when placing stock paralell to arm,probably I will cut almost one inch of the stock.Normally,when I use this shotgun here it´s autumn and winter and I wear several hunting clothes.Also,I think that a little shorter stock will help to a better and faster target adquisition.
I will post new pictures when finished.

I can certainly see why you are proud of it. I look forward to hearing and seeing your future updates.

Sent from my iPhone

Very nice, selous.
I'll bet that hog was tasty.
I like old Mossberg bolt action shotguns, I have a 20 gauge made in 1940, and a .410 bore made in the early 1970's.
Right now I've put a few dollars toward a Harrington & Richardson 16 gauge bolt action made in 1940 or 1941. My neighbor owns a small gunshop and if I ask he will put a gun in the back room and let me make payments on it when i have the extra money.

Big_Al,nice to hear that you have all that bolt action shotgun.Please,post some pictures if you can.
Did you use any of them for hunting?
Here in Spain,to hunt wild boar with dogs,people usually uses semiauto shotgun and rifle.We have a 3 rounds capacity limit for semiauto guns for hunting.However,there is no limit for bolt,pump and lever action.

A male Roe Deer hunted in North of Spain with the Mossberg 695 using Fusión Sabot slugs from a distance of 90 yards.The scope is a Vector Optics Arbiter 1-4x24.
Bullet was under skin after breaking leg bone anda ribs.Good weight retention.
emeqybur.jpg

zebu7u3y.jpg

Last edited:
Back