• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 702 Plinkster Rimfire Accessories...

cool idea thanks and i dont have one of those anywhere near me and ALL of my local sportinggoods store are out of the clips and wont be getting anymore

Just be prepared for failure. It took me several attempts to get it right enough to work...but, like you, I was looking at making something work or doing without. Good luck with it!

Amazing looking rifle, i would love to do this to my plinkster but idk how, please contact me with advice. Thank you

The magazine for the 715 is the one with the gap right? But the one specifically fit for the 702 fits snug right?

So I am trying to put together a Plinkster facebook page and in doing so, I have come across this great resource here. Thanks for the great forum and info and such.

Curious as to how many here have tried the Aperture sight set-up made for the 702 from http://www.tech-sights.com/mossberg.htm as they look like a great accessory for improving your iron sight accuracy.

I am by no way affiliated with them I can assure you. I am simply a happy Plinkster owner here, we own 3 of them so far and I am looking for ways to modify and/or improve these great little guns.

Thanks in advance...

gibson_es said:
The issue is price. I dont wanna spend $60+ on a $107 gun. Lol.

To me it's not the original price of the gun that determines or justifies the money and effort. Just because a 10/22 costs more does not justify modifying it to me, in fact it's quite the opposite really. For instance, lets say a person really likes the looks of an ATI stocked semi-auto 22lr and that is all they want as far as an end result. As long as the 702 is cheaper than a 10/22 or any other rifle that will work, then why is it such a bad choice as a base unit to start with? Generally speaking, they are just as accurate and reliable as the other rifles out there at half the price....thats makes them the perfect little base rifle to start with as long as the mods you seek are available, regardless of the mod/accessory price. Just because your base rifle didn't cost a lot of money is no reason not to enjoy accessorizing and/or modifying it to your personal likings. The same goes for cars, trucks, bikes, or anythig else one likes to personalize....just my thoughts.

PLINKERMAN1 said:
SD530722.jpg

Ok. I'm new here and I had to post a picture of my 702. I looked for entirely too long trying to find a picture of a plinkster with a 25 round mag installed. So if somebody wants to see it I posted it.

ATI Marlin stock (MAR3000), ATI universal cheek rest, $7 Winchester sling I figured why not it's only 7 bucks. Cheap but decent stud mount bipod had to use a spring pin instead of the screw that came with it. Base was loose and rattling trimmed the pin to length and it's solid as can be. Leupold see-through rings with bushnell 4 power.

The stock is by far the most time consuming and annoying thing to modify. It still doesn't fit the greatest but it's tight. A good dremel kit does the job. Feel free to call it a hack job because it is!

Anyways to sum up : gun 117, scope 30, rings 8, stock 38, cheek rest 10, sling 7, bipod 28, 25 round mag 30, 2 extra 10 round mags 30. About 30 dollars shipping total.

Grand Total : $328 roughly. Sounds like a lot for a plinkster but it was well worth it! You can hit 20 ounce bottle caps between 30-40 yards all day long with it. My favorite ammo - CCI standard velocity RLN 1070 FPS. I still haven't shot it with the 25 round mag. I can hardly wait.

The stock you have on the weapon in the picture, what is it and where'd you get it? I love it and definitely want to soupe up my 702 like that.

here is my new purchase with accessories I added.Jim

Attachments

• DSCN7212.JPG
    DSCN7212.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCN7213.JPG
    DSCN7213.JPG
    163.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN7214.JPG
    DSCN7214.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN7215.JPG