• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 73B Bolt Disassembly

sherpa

Copper BB
Ahh, my first gun - my great-grandfather gave me this old single shot when I was 8, and I have been using it ever since. My problem is I cannot figure out how to disassemble the bolt to do a detail cleaning... A good brushing, and shooting it with CLP has worked so far, but I think, after 75 years of use, it's probably due for a good ol' detail clean. Any help sure would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

sherpa said:
Ahh, my first gun - my great-grandfather gave me this old single shot when I was 8, and I have been using it ever since. My problem is I cannot figure out how to disassemble the bolt to do a detail cleaning... A good brushing, and shooting it with CLP has worked so far, but I think, after 75 years of use, it's probably due for a good ol' detail clean. Any help sure would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

welcome to the forum from NY.
congrats on keeping you great-grandfathers mossy still shooting. :)

i would give Havlin a call. great people and they are the experts on old mossbergs.
(636) 937-6401
keep us posted.
you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

edit: found this for you......

Attachments

• ex-model-73-83.jpg
    ex-model-73-83.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 131
Back