• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Done!

yze3y8es.jpg

rygahupa.jpg

ububu6ar.jpg

hyvybepu.jpg

ame3aqyp.jpg

Sent from my Apple Newton in 1993 with 640k of RAM

Holy Mother, that is one serious piece of hardware.

I'm curious, whith your light in that position do you get a barrel shadow in your field of view?

LES, I do get a bit, but not much.

That laser does not hold zero well.
I will likely change it soon.
I need a light/laser combo that doesn't require constant recalibration.

I am happy with how it looks and I will get to shoot it tomorrow.
I may get a slightly shorter mag tube just for aesthetic purposes.

So my lunch/range date cancelled on me, so I won't get to shoot it today, and probably not this weekend either.

Good lord, this thing is heavy now.

I may end up changing the grip system.

I bought and mounted a LUCID HD7 Red Dot Sight, Gen III (HD7) from Amazon.

I will post new pics as soon as I take them.

Last edited:
That's too bad.

It does look a bit weighty, but I'll bet that combined with the brake should make for a soft shoot'n machine...

Well, it looks like I didn't put the gas system back together properly when I installed the new barrel.

I shot the 930 with the Roadblocker today, and unless I missed or forgot a part completely during reassembly, the action either failed to cycle or didn't cycle properly.

I will completely disassemble the weapon, clean it Marine Corps style, and try again ASAP.

Oh well.

Well am I starting in the right place?

Is there some special way to install the piece I think is called the piston?

I had to take a small silvery piece out of the original barrel and install it in the new one.

Well, it doesn't look like I screwed up the reassemble.

Having said that, cleaning the gas system , specifically the rings and that whole piston area doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Question:

What is this gap called, and what is it for?

Also, why is there a bigger hole in the Roadblocker than the OEM barrel?

ygy4yda9.jpg

uvemuqa6.jpg

1st pic OEM
2nd pick Roadblocker

Semper Fi. I am surprised no one responded. Gas venting. The spring wind and coil thickness with the port; determine & vent unused gas. Very dependent on on barrel length/type. Which is why you should get the "barrel assembly" so that all is as engineered. My observation, any additional please chime in.

Yut!

So that is the whole barrel assembly pictured.
I guess that the next question would be how do I tighten that down and close the gap?

Based on what I think you are telling me, too much gas is escaping out that hole and that is the reason why I am not getting the bolt to go through a reloading cycle.

Sent from my California fondleslab

Well, as I think I'm coming in late on this; assuming everything is assembled and tightened down as per factory, there is no way to change that spring compression and affect that gap. Per posts going back a couple of years, different color and thickness springs are dedicated to respective barrels. Just getting it back together can be a challenge. There is one possibility, for test purposes only, metal tape over a small portion of the holes. Say 25%. The metal tape I'm referring to is used in AC/Heating duct work. It wont last too long, but would work for testing. Cycling problems are usually due to low powered ammo or mechanical condition, i.e. drag, dirt, lube (too much or not enough). I cleaned, polished, and lubed mine a half a dozen times before it functioned reliably and hand cycling doesn't work to judge function. It likes brisk operation.

I will be test firing it this weekend. I will let you all know how it turns out

Hopefully all works well.

I'll be running another 100 thru a new Sig and sighting in a new Nikon on an AK. As well some work clearing invasive plant species.

This may sound like a stupid question but there is a part to the gas system on the barrel that is not in the picture you posted above. It is on the other side and a lot of times new barrels do not come with it and you need to borrow the one from your stock barrel that the gun came with. Any chance that this could have been your issue?

Back