• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Accessories...

Has anyone swapped out the the stock ghost ring fiber optic sights on the 930 SPX for the front and rear tritium options from LPA? I so how much of a difference does it make.

I have seen them and prefer those to the fiber optic, but I dont know of anyone who has swapped them. I would like to see it as an option on the 930!

EDIT:
here is a thread on Glock Talk regarding swapping out sights, there is some info I think warrants consideration.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1285115

I was already aware it would be a job for a gunsmith, but the sight picture I hadnt considered nor the cost/benefit analysis.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

Has anyone installed or used a Limbsaver on a Mossberg 930 autoloader? I know the #10200 Limbsaver fits the mossberg 930 but I wasn't sure if anyone used the slip on versions?

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Limbsaver

I havent, but have heard from people who have used them say they really like them. The other I hear about alot is the super cell recoil pad. I dont know though if that can even be used on a standard stock, if I'm thinkin correctly, its part of the Knoxx stocks.

Those look like a pretty nice option as well. I am looking to add a bit of recoil reduction and gain a bit of length to the stock so this may fit the bill. Have you seen any stock extensions for the mossberg 930? A 1-2" spacer would be perfect for me.

Nah, cant say I have other than like what youre lookin at with LimbSaver or Pachmayr. If I could figure out the supercell recoil pads, that might work.

I saw a post somewhere about another called Kick-Eeze? Its also a slip on unit I think?

I use the Limbsaver for my 590A1 and it works very well compared to the original butt pad. The pad on my 930 seems much better so I have not yet changed it for a Limbsaver.

Yeah, these will be the same assembly one to the next, the 930 receiver is the same on the SPX as it is on other 930 models. As far as I know, the forend length is identical so the gas seal (if thats the proper term?) should mate up. I've been told by Mossberg some failure to feed issues come from the gas seal not being lubricated properly when parts are swapped out, I cant testify to this being accurate, another member or 2 may be able to give you better info. If thats true, it may be something to pay attention to if you swap the forends.

Admittedly, this is an area I'm not well versed in.

Re: What do 930 owners want to see in the aftermarket?

A Hogue 12" stock for the 930 that matches those I use on my Mossberg pumps.

Yes I would love to see a hogue stock for the Mossberg 930 autoloader.

308garand said:
O'DubhGhaill said:
A Hogue 12" stock for the 930 that matches those I use on my Mossberg pumps.

+1

+2..... And the ability to get more than one or two (both factory options), I would REALLY like to be able to get the 'Monte Carlo' stock off the 930 'Slugster', even though the LOP is the same, the cheek weld seems PERFECT for the higher LPA sights, why I'm just going w/regular GRS (theyre lower, and on a pump I want it as low as possible) for my upcoming 590A1, plus variety is nice!
Stephen

Will the Nordic mag clamp work on the 3rd gen 930spx with the thicker barrel ??? I want to make sure before purchasing...

I am looking forward to getting a set of the GG&G sling mounts for my Mossberg 930 autoloader.

RippSpeed said:
Will the Nordic mag clamp work on the 3rd gen 930spx with the thicker barrel ??? I want to make sure before purchasing...

I just ran into this same issue. I checked out all of m24shooters pics and really like what the Nordic Components barrel clamp and tac rail had to offer. I ordered one and immediately liked what I got! The machining was very high quality, the finish (milspec finish) looked flawless, and all edges were perfectly radiused. A very high quality product. I immediately saw that this barrel clamp fit perfectly around the standard Mossberg magazine tube but wasn't even in the ballpark of being close on the barrel! The barrel was significantly larger than the barrel clamp. I shot m24shooter an email about the issue to hear his take on it! What he advised was that Mossberg had released three version of the barrel. The first two were the original barrel and sight tower and then the exact same barrel with a welded pedestal that the original sight tower was in turn welded to. The third gen barrel is actually thicker than the previous two versions and has a slightly redesigned front sight tower, and that may be where my problem was. OFM went to a thicker barrel with the third gen barrel which is closer to the thickness of a 590A1 barrel.

I contacted Tim Ubl, Engineering Manager, at Nordic Components and had a very informative discussion about the issue. Tim advised that NC was aware of the issue and quickly offered several solutions which involved bending the barrel clamp to fit the new, larger dimensioned barrel. I told Tim that I had a better chance of winning the Powerball than actually bending the clamp properly. He was very understanding and told me that NC would be more than happy to do it! He then told me to email him the next day just to remind him. The next morning I received an email from Ken Anderson, Retail Manager, at Nordic Components who advised that he was going to take two clamp half's out of stock and modify (bend) them then send them out to me at no cost.

The new barrel clamp arrived today and the fit was perfect! NC knew exactly what needed to be done and got it done extremely fast! Not only is this an outstanding part its also backed by some of the best customer service I have received in years! We installed the barrel clamp this afternoon and the fit was nothing short of perfect! We debated between a Gear Sector offset light mount or a Vltor scout mount. Both were extremely nice but the Vltor won the bid for this particular job. Next we mounted an EagleTac T20C2 MKII tactical LED light. The light looked great and the Vltor mount mated perfectly with the NC barrel clamp and tac rail. A GG&G single point sling attachment was also added the rear of the receiver and a Gear Sector ASP single point sling was added! Everything worked perfectly with one another making a very useful tactical shotgun for patrol purposes, home defense, or 3 gun matches!

I'd like to extend a very big thank you to Ken and Tim at Nordic Components for their unmatched customer service and making sure the end product worked perfectly. Job well done NC!!!

Paul
Loess Hills Tactical

Dude thats awesome and outstanding! Says an awful lot for the folks at Nordic Comp!!!

Thanks for posting that info Paul!

Back