• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Chokes...

My 930 SPX is set up for 3gun and I did not have any threads on my stock barrel so I took it to a local gunsmith and he threaded it for Remington chokes since they are so easy to find, and cheep. I run a light mod for everything slugs, buck, and birdshot. It performs very well.

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Mud Pup P said:
OhioArcher said:
Got to shoot some slugs thru my 930 yesterday as part of out monthly 3-gun competition. I had replaced the Mod choke with the IC tube. Shot pretty well although I can't attest to the accuracy as we were under the clock and moving slightly. Also, I definitely like the 930 with a Limbsaver recoil pad over my old 500 with stock pad. Much more enjoyable shooting without worrying about it hurting my already SNAFU'd shoulder...

What model limb saver did you get for it? Pull over or permanent?

Permanent. Don't know the model # off the top of my head. Very easy to install (as long as the adapter plate is still in the package. Saw several on BPS shelves with the adapter plates missing).

I only use the slipon on my old Savage 99 becuase there isn't one to mount permanently. I also installed a permanent one on my 500.

930 hd and a choke tube

deciding if i should send my 930 hd barrel to vang for the custom work or if i should just have it threaded for a choke tube, any one have an opinion on this ?

what "tactical" chokes are out their that are good ?

Re: 930 hd and a choke tube

Its a really tough call but I tend to lean towards the barrel work over just a choke tube...but the choke tube has its place as well. I am biased towards the Trulock Tactical choke though if I was to pick one.

p107563517-4.jpg

in a way i feel the barrel work is the better option.... i like the looks of that and the remington tactical choke tube... but i have seen the vang system at work over the net and i imagine the aimpro is also just as good i just was not sure which is the best bang for the buck

I would call both shops up and speak with them as well. I don't think you can go wrong either way but I can assure you that you will not regret getting the barrel work done; I could not believe the difference the barrel work made on my Vang Comp 870.

Sorry if this has been asked. I am getting ready to order some Trulock chokes and am wondering if there is any advantage to buying either the extended chokes or the flush chokes? Does one pattern better than the other? I am going to buy both cylinder and skeet1 chokes for my 930 with a 28" barrel.

I would hands down go with the extended...they are easier to install and identify which one you have currently in the gun. No real difference in performance but the ease of use makes it an easy decision.

Thanks. I was leaning towards the extended for those reasons but wasn't sure if they had any other advantages.

Some will also add that the additional length can benefit in some situations but for me the previously stated are the main reasons to get extended.

BTW I met with George Trulock today and he will actually be sponsoring the site as well. A very stand up guy; running a standup American family based company.

Oh yeah. Half of my order was waiting for me when I got home tonight. The Skeet1 is on backorder but I can deal for now. I went with flush tubes because it turns out that my league has a rule against in match changing of chokes. So basically what you start with you have to finish the round with. So I saved the extra cash on one extended and bought myself 2 flush. Can't wait to take to the range this weekend.

20130125_235231.jpg

hello,i am a new proud owner of a mussberg 930 tactical. it comes will a stock full choke, can i use this choke with slugs or will i damage the riffle? please help!?

Welcome aboard. Did you get any other chokes with it? Great choice in shotgun. My 930 is my new favorite.

I haven't shot a lot of rifled slugs through my 930 yet and it isn't a tactical. When I have shot rifled slugs though mine I have used what was recomended to me by many people I shoot with and use their different shotguns for hunting. The choke that they suggest more times than any other is the Improved Cylinder (IC) choke or Cylinder choke. I have been cautioned when shooting slugs to stay away from Full, Extra Full and basically anything more constrictive than IC. Basically I have been told to check with the ammo and gun specs before shooting slugs.

Again I am no expert or seasoned vet with my 930 so I am sure someone on here will have better info for you.

Got my Skeet1 choke yesterday from TruLock. If anyone is looking for new chokes for your gun you will not find a better product or company to deal with. The skeet choke was on backorder (not their fault). They sent out the Cylinder choke on time and sent the Skeet1 when it became available. They didn't even charge me shipping. Great product and great people.

George the owner of the company is a great guy that stands 100% behind his products and it really shows with his customer service! I am you are enjoying your choke tubes. I know after ordering my first set of tubes through him a while back I soon after ordered a set for all my other shotguns.

I'm sure glad to find so much info in the 930 in one place! I have a 24" 'turkey I am making into my ONE gun that really does it all..That means finding the best way to shoot slugs as it will be my rifle too.I keep my IM choke on now for everything slugs included.Maybe not ideal but not dangerous to me or the gun.After I finaly get my Nordic plus 5 or just maybe 6 I will need to find a extended choke of some kind to clear the end of the barrel [just my preference]I want to find a rifle choke that will give the best chance of good to great accuracy with ALL slug types rifled/fosters, Brekke of all variations,and last but not least true saybotts[sic] at 4 to7 bucks a shot .. In the end it boil down to LOAD AND FIre LOT and LOTS of lead....Please help me find and list here as many different rifled chokes that fit the 930 the details of length thats sticking out of the end of the barrelect and there cost too....Then, I'm testing different sized Buck with EACH Rifled choke and toss in a bird shell or two.... Can you proes here feel where I.m trying to go with gun???? One gun set up to be good if not better for EVERY ROLE A SHOTGUN MAY BE CALLED FOR.....in the home and the woods...I believe any Buck 1.00,000 will not be to bad of of a pattern...Your experiences welcome!

Today I went out and fired off some cheep Winchester 1oz 1600 fps slugs just to see where my turkey sights were shooting.. At 35 yards I had a group of about 4" across and 8" high from POA.I think now the fiber optic factory sights will have to be replaced,,I'm just not sure what to go to as I don't have muck experience shooting iron sights period..And never ghost ring.Hmmm....

I haven't scientifically tested it but I have had no issues hitting targets out to 100 yards with this choke on my Mossberg shotguns...

Back