• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Rossignol said:
Yeah man, I dont know it will work. It may as I believe they tighten through the center of the clamp.

This is true...the Nordic Components barrel clamp does tighten from the center but don't think that just because it tightens from the middle that the incorrect sized clamp will fit the wrong sized barrel. The newer barrels are bigger and the clamp I received was too small. My suggestion is to purchase the barrel clamp and tac rail directly from NC and clearly let them know you are using the newer, larger barrel so they can send you the correct barrel clamp!

Policetacteam said:
Rossignol said:
Yeah man, I dont know it will work. It may as I believe they tighten through the center of the clamp.

This is true...the Nordic Components barrel clamp does tighten from the center but don't think that just because it tightens from the middle that the incorrect sized clamp will fit the wrong sized barrel. The newer barrels are bigger and the clamp I received was too small. My suggestion is to purchase the barrel clamp and tac rail directly from NC and clearly let them know you are using the newer, larger barrel so they can send you the correct barrel clamp!

Yup! I have since realized the NC clamp is designed to fit the barrel and the mag tube individually, it is actually shaped to fit.

I've also heard that to let NC know what model you have.

Nordic Components Shotgun Tube Clamp
p156370574-4.jpg

p115826950-4.jpg

p20813362-4.jpg

p337776738-4.jpg

Nordic Components Extended Cap (Adds 3/4" to the tube)
p81548484-4.jpg

p358186109-4.jpg

p394895993-4.jpg

p34113265-4.jpg

Bizill said:
with my brand new spx and my trusty starrett calipers i measure the muzzle wall thickness to be .092" and i measure the OD of the muzzle all the way to the front of the forend at .912" and the barrel doesn't begin to taper up until after this point ... if this helps any.

Think that's about what I got, thank you sir! Does anyone have the O.D. and the wall thickness at the muzzle of the 1st/2n gen original bbl's, curious on the exact amount they increased the thickness? Appreciate if anyone knows or can measure theirs!!
Thanks,
Stephen

Bizill said:
with my brand new spx and my trusty starrett calipers i measure the muzzle wall thickness to be .092" and i measure the OD of the muzzle all the way to the front of the forend at .912" and the barrel doesn't begin to taper up until after this point ... if this helps any.

Just RE-measured and the O.D. of the muzzle on mine is .915 (vs 590A1's O.D.=.932), and the wall thickness is .10 exactly (vs 590A1's thickness=.1170), still interested to see the specs of the 1st/2nd gen thickness, weird, I don't know why, maybe the 18.5" vs 20", but the 930 SPX still seems lighter than it should be for it's bbl thickness compared to the 590A1, I didn't realize the measurements/thickness on the two were so similar, at the MUZZLE that is. If this SHORT sight on my 3rd gen bbl is on, and doesnt take 3/4 of my elevation out, and if the blue spring will let me shoot light field loads as is one of the attractions of the 930, or if I can just swap out the red spring? Is that a user able swap, or does OFM have to do it? If the sights on, and spring can be swapped I'll just need them to send me a new spring! I bought this so I wouldnt HAVE to shoot hi-brass ONLY, I want the 'versatility' it should have.... HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT O.K. :D !!
Stephen

I have the blue spring and have yet to find ammunition that it wouldn't fire. You could swap out the spring yourself but its a bear of a job :lol:.

DHonovich said:
I have the blue spring and have yet to find ammunition that it wouldn't fire. You could swap out the spring yourself but its a bear of a job :lol:.
I had a red spring... And I didn't have any issues with fart loads. But I didn break it in with some hi-velocity rounds...

DHonovich said:

I'll have to get the WHOLE 12 ga shell lineup out and function check, accuracy w/short sight (if it makes a diff?) and pattern it if it works w/out maxing out elevation. I wonder what the 'ratings' or strength difference between the black, blue, and red springs are? I wonder what the difference is exactly between springs, hmmmm? Gotta get to a range w/at least a 10, 25/50, 100 yard targets for slugs to REALLY check the possible elevation 'issue'... Doesnt that seem like it would naturally be shooting HIGH with a 1/4" lower front sight? Anyone, M24shooter (?) that has shot the heavier bbl w/short front sight vs. tall front sight, is there a difference as it'd seem?
Thank's guys!
Stephen

You may also purchase the actual magazine tube extension that Mossberg offers with the 930SPX 8 shot model. The part number is SKU#18443MT and it costs $25.00 PLUS $6.95 for shipping. :D

gunsandthings said:
You may also purchase the actual magazine tube extension that Mossberg offers with the 930SPX 8 shot model. The part number is SKU#18443MT and it costs $25.00 PLUS $6.95 for shipping. :D

If I can acquire the original part, that may save me some hunting for answers I still have regarding this exact topic (spring lengths, followers, tilt, bind, etc.). I have a brand new 930 Tactical with factory breacher barrel that I'm kitting out. Will there be enough clearance with the +3 extension?

I did look on the Mossberg website, and searched for the SKU listed, but came up empty. Where may I find this?

Thanks for the assist, and happy to join this knowledgeable and comprehensive forum with my first post!

I will have the Mossberg 18.5" breacher barrel for the 930 in another week or two and will be able to post up pictures with the +2, +3, +4 and +5 Nordic Components magazine extensions if you can wait that long.

DHonovich said:
I will have the Mossberg 18.5" breacher barrel for the 930 in another week or two and will be able to post up pictures with the +2, +3, +4 and +5 Nordic Components magazine extensions if you can wait that long.

I'm not in a hurry, I would like a clean look to whichever extension adds the most magazine capacity without going beyond the end of the barrel. Nordic makes nice accessories, and I'm willing to buy, but if the original SPX Mossberg factory supplied Choate extension is $25 plus shipping then I'd be more prone to save the premium price difference.

I will definitely be looking forward to seeing your photos!

Keep an eye out for when I post up about the new barrel and make sure I get you those pictures.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader "heavy walled breacher barrel with heat shield " with a Nordic Components +2 magazine extension and extension cap.
p481302071-4.jpg

p12432865-4.jpg

p368465555-4.jpg

p145693994-4.jpg

p268853455-4.jpg

Mossberg 930 magazine extension and pistol grip

I just bought my first shotgun. A Mossberg 930 Auto-Loader. So far it has been better than I expected. I've been looking online but cant find any information on magazine tube extentions or pistol grips, do they make these?

Re: Mossberg 930 magazine extension and pistol grip

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Atomic Terminator !!

Congrats on the new Mossberg 930!! ...information on magazine tube extentions and pistol grips can be found in our vendors section on the boards index page.

welcome, Mossberg sells the mag ext. for 25.00 made by Choate p/n 18443MT, the pistol grip is cheaper from Choate than Mossberg.

Welcome, which 930 did you get? I would go with Choate as Ben says they may be cheaper and if you have a problem you are dealing directly with the manufacturer. There are alot of great people on here if you need anymore questions answered.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tubes: Springs/Extensions

hey all. i have a mossberg 930 SPX and i need a replacement for the actual mag tube that screws into the receiver. not the extension, the tube itself. i was cleaning it the other day, and dropped it in my buddy's shop. it hit the floor tube first and bent it.

so if anyone here knows the part number that would be a big help. i'm gonna call Mossberg up in a few days and order a new one. thanks in advance.

Back