• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

I called Nordic to order the "secret" EXT-MB-12-2M, but unfortunately Ryan Muckenhirn no longer works for Nordic. I spoke to Shannon (male), who wasn't familiar with that part #, but he said he will do some digging/asking around to see it's still available. I hope it is, but we'll see; I will post up with any info. when I hear back from Shannon.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Choate +2 extension. 18" barrel.

e0064973.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MERCY, I love that ported breacher. I'm new to the gun and forum (heard it was best info out here), still adding, and I have a newb question. 1. Do I buy an entire barrel or is there a you bet no sweat end I can install on the gun, and 2. Wonder if added, then I could put +1 past what comes on the Blackwater that exists now? OK, well 3. What about 930's I've seen elsewhere where the extension tube is longer than the barrel? Is that workable? Not sure I want to mess with the pretty clean lines of the tube and barrel matching. Thoughts? Thanks, whomever! Love the forum.

I called Nordic to order the "secret" EXT-MB-12-2M, but unfortunately Ryan Muckenhirn no longer works for Nordic. I spoke to Shannon (male), who wasn't familiar with that part #, but he said he will do some digging/asking around to see it's still available. I hope it is, but we'll see; I will post up with any info. when I hear back from Shannon.
Just to follow-up:

I received an email from Shanon about the older EXT tube or comparable "flush-mount" extensions. He said they do not make those models any longer (EXT-MB-12-2M), but he did find me an EXT tube "hidden in the archives" (as he put it) that should bring it flush with the barrel (7-1/8" long). I went ahead an ordered it, and will post pics and a review once I receive it. He did say this is a one-off order, and they do not have addtl. stock of this item, but they hope to develop more "custom" options for the 930 that will allow for a flush-mount fitment. I let him know I will update them with pics and a review after install to assist their R&D team with developing future offerings.

I was very pleased to deal with Nordic, it is rare nowadays when a company will actually do some digging to meet the customers' requests. Shanon was great to deal with and I honestly did not expect this type of response. I am pretty excited to get the tube and compare it to my stock Choate extension.

I received the +2M EXT Nordic tube today. Shipping was REALLY quick, I just ordered it Wed. afternoon - huge thanks and props to Shanon @ Nordic!!!

I plan to install it this weekend and will post some pics and a comparison review against the standard +2 Choate extension. Not sure if I am going to swap the spring or not, as my stock spring is still plenty stiff and I haven't had any issues with it.

I received the +2M EXT Nordic tube today. Shipping was REALLY quick, I just ordered it Wed. afternoon - huge thanks and props to Shanon @ Nordic!!!

I plan to install it this weekend and will post some pics and a comparison review against the standard +2 Choate extension. Not sure if I am going to swap the spring or not, as my stock spring is still plenty stiff and I haven't had any issues with it.

Change the spring. The Nordic Comp spring is much higher quality than the 930 factory spring. Start with 30" and depending on the brand of shells you use, you should be able to fit all 7 rounds. I could fit all 7 rounds of Fiocchi 2 3/4" buckshot with a 32" spring but trimmed it to 28" so I had some wiggle room. Leave a bit of room for compression and it will extend the life of the spring and reduce the chance of binding malfunctions.

Good call Misery, thanks for your input! I haven't uncoiled it to compare lengths, but the Nordic spring seems to be much thicker gauge than the factory Mossy spring.

With the factory spring, I can fit (7) 2-3/4" Slugs (Herter's) but I can only fit (6) 2-3/4" 00 Buck (also Herter's). I need about 1/4" more to fit the 7th shell. I hope with the longer length on the mag-tube I can fit (7) of the 00, but we'll see.

Got the Nordic Comp Extension mounted. It sits ALMOST flush with the muzzle, but sticks past maybe 1/8". I love the nut and finish.

I opted to stick with the factory spring (for now). After trimming the Nordic spring down to 24", I was still not able to fit (7) 2-3/4" 00 Buck. I might end up trimming more and swapping later down the road.

Comparison photos:

Factory Choate +2 Mag Tube
DSC07344%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07346%20%282%29.JPG

Nordic +2M EXT Mag Tube
DSC07340%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07343%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07348%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07350%20%282%29.JPG

Side-By-Side
DSC07329%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07349%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07355%20%283%29.JPG

Shorten Armory on eBay is selling a 3T tactical extension tube that they say fits Remington 870, 1100, 11-87 AND THE MOSSBERG 930???o_O:confused: It can't be as easy as that... can it? Buy a Remington tube extension to use on a Mossberg 930. Here is the Quote from the listing "It can also be used with 100% reliability in the Mossberg 930, Interstate Arms Hawk and H&R Pardner" and I have an email reply from the guy saying it again...
My question of today is, has anyone tried using a mag extension that was made for a Remington on the 930? What happened? Could I use the tac star 10 shot extension for the Remington and have it fit and work?
Am I the first to ask????:eek:

Shorten Armory on eBay is selling a 3T tactical extension tube that they say fits Remington 870, 1100, 11-87 AND THE MOSSBERG 930???o_O:confused: It can't be as easy as that... can it? Buy a Remington tube extension to use on a Mossberg 930. Here is the Quote from the listing "It can also be used with 100% reliability in the Mossberg 930, Interstate Arms Hawk and H&R Pardner" and I have an email reply from the guy saying it again...
My question of today is, has anyone tried using a mag extension that was made for a Remington on the 930? What happened? Could I use the tac star 10 shot extension for the Remington and have it fit and work?
Am I the first to ask????:eek:

They both have the same thread patterns BUT the 870 extension is a much shorter cap. I have an 870 and a 930. If you thread the 930 extension on to an 870, it will leave a huge gap between the magazine and the extension and will not function reliably whatsoever. You could thread an 870 extension on to a 930 but it will stop well short of securing the handguard and pretty much make the weapon useless. Bottom line, if this extension would fit and function on a 930, it's going to be a nightmare for anyone who uses it on a Remington because of the gap it will create inside the magazine tube.

Then all you would have to do is change the depth of the welding jig in the MFG process to go from Rem to Moss. Ergo IT WOULD BE THAT EASY FOR TAC STAR TO MAKE A 10 SHOT EXTENSION FOR THE 930! Thus giving us as the consumers more options!:mad: Because the companies love us so much right?:rolleyes:

Hello all new to the forums here, just bought my Mossberg 930 tactical 18.5 inch barrel with the breacher on the end. reading through the posts here it seems the Nordic components mag tube extension seems to be the best, but i wasnt sure to have it close to flush would it be the +2 or the +3?

awesome exactly what i was looking for. thank you Lazy Eyed Sniper......got it ordered now time to figure out which stock to put on it.

Sadly they never got around to the custom 930 flush mount extension, or I'd have bought one. I lack very little being able to get a 7th shell in my +2 NC tube, gonna try the Nordic spring tonight with some trimming and see what I get.

Got the Nordic Comp Extension mounted. It sits ALMOST flush with the muzzle, but sticks past maybe 1/8". I love the nut and finish.

I opted to stick with the factory spring (for now). After trimming the Nordic spring down to 24", I was still not able to fit (7) 2-3/4" 00 Buck. I might end up trimming more and swapping later down the road.

Comparison photos:

Factory Choate +2 Mag Tube
DSC07344%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07346%20%282%29.JPG

Nordic +2M EXT Mag Tube
DSC07340%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07343%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07348%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07350%20%282%29.JPG

Side-By-Side
DSC07329%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07349%20%282%29.JPG

DSC07355%20%283%29.JPG
How did you get the grip on the forearm?

I upgraded the OEM Choate mag extension on my SPX to the S&J Hardware +2 extension. Main reason is to get a good sling mount for the Magpul MS-1 sling. I had a GG&G sling mount that you put on underneath the OEM Choate extension, but that left a gap between the top of the mag tube and the extension that every once in a while would catch the lip of a shell and bind things up. The S&J extension's sling mount is attached to the tube itself, so no gap on the inside of the tube, eliminating the problem. It is also more durable as it is machined from steel instead of aluminum, but it did not add any noticeable weight to my shotgun. It came with a new spring, and a Type 2 follower that is neon green with a large hole in the front so you can feel that the tube is empty as well as see it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-J-Hardwa...403406?hash=item2a7492c9ce:g:OCYAAOSwTZtZousE
I did not have any problems with the Choate tube from the factory until I added the GG&G sling loop. My Choate mag extension was straight right out of the box, not crooked as some of the early ones were. I will put it away and use it on another project maybe.
All and all I am happy with my purchase and I will always recommend S&J Hardware products to people.

Back