• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: 930 SPX magazine tube part number?

yes, thank you. however, i checked the manual before i asked the question. the magazine tube is not listed under part description or part number. unless my vision is completely failing me...

OK then... when you call Customer Service and describe the part you buggered...they will know the number...it is their job to know. ;)

lol bugger it i did. perhaps next time we should omit the fermented libations when we go to my buddy's range. anyway, thanks for the help.

No problem dude...good luck with that !! ( mmmmm....Beer !! )

so i called Mossberg. the part cost me $31 shipped. side note: i really hope the woman i talked to was an anomaly and not the norm for Mossberg's customer service...

Length of 930 SPX magazine Spring

I measured my Home Security mag spring and it was 22.5 inches, what I like to know from the 930 SPX owners what is the spring length of the SPX. I placed the SPX ext tube on my HS and can load all 7 rnds. But when ejected the last 2 rounds are a little sloppy coming out manually, I had surgery to correct nerve damage 3 weeks ago so I cant tell if the rounds would eject correctly by shooting it.

Re: Length of 930 SPX magazine Spring

Megawatt, first of all welcome to the forum, I checked out the pics of your Mossbergs and they are sweet. When you load the last round how much resistance is there with the last round loading also thanks for checking.

I spent some time at the range yesterday and I always topped off the tube. There was only a slight resistance as the last two shells were added but not like if it was a big hassel that would make me want to down load by one shell. With 2 3/4" shells there would be only about 1/4" of movement until all 7 shells hit the compressed spring and would move forward no more. With 3" shells I could get 6ea loaded up and when I tried to add the next shell it would only go in as far as the high brass started (so about 65% in the tube).

With my spring being 22.5 inches when loading the last round there is no give on the spring, barely enough space for the last round. I polished the follower and mag tube to see if that would solve my ordeal but it didn't. So Monday I'll order the longer spring.

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

What do you mean?

Just to update ... I found that the factory Mag spring is perfect for the Nordic +3 which brings me to 8 in the tube, 1 ghost, and 1 in the chamber... Very reliable

I just received my +2 mag extension with the 3/4 cap extension. I have to say it's nicer than the choate stock and much lighter. My Nordic barrel clamp now fits perfectly with the thicker barrel using the mag extension tube. My only problem I found is that I already cut the Nordic spring to 10 1/2 inches from the stock mag end "male thread side" to the end of the spring but I'm still having to pull the charging handle back very hard in order to pop out a shell to the lifter. I'm afraid to cut the Nordic spring any more so I've been using the stock spring "uncut" and its been manually chambering fine without any force. I was wondering if any of you guys have had this problem? And if so or not how much Nordic spring do you have left intact?

I also noticed on the +2 extension with the extended cap that this setup does not fully line up with the end of the barrel. It's about 5/16 short of the barrel.

From the pictures of the installed tri-rail the Nordic mag tube with cap extension is pretty close to lining up to the end of the barrel. I know I'm being picky but hey who wouldn't like their 930's tho look and shoot good? :)

Wow, you guys have done a lot research on accessories for the 930! I have the field/security combo and would like to add a mag extension to it. Am I correct in thinking (from all the excellent photos here) that the Nordic Components +3 extension will end up right at the end of the muzzle of the short barrel I have? I really would like to have a mag extension that comes right to the end of the muzzle, but if necessary, it could be a little longer if I can find a rifled choke tube that I like.

With the 18.5" security barrel you will want the +2 and the extended cap for a near perfect fit. If you look up to the post made on Jul 03 you will see this exact combination.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Mr821907 is saying that the Nordic +2 with extension cap (XL) comes up 5/16" short of the 18.5" barrel / muzzle - at least with field / security package. That means the XXL extension would go out past and so would the +3 extension which I do not like the look. It looks like the tri-rail is what got it flush. Is there a sling mount that could be put on first to fill up some space? I could see one maybe being 1/4" thick and fill that 5/16" gap. Although that's probably pretty beefy to hope for? Any thoughts? Otherwise if you don't get another shell in and it's still not flush seems like no reason to spend the $ on the XL cap.

Got a great deal on a TacStar 8 Shot Magazine Extension for my 930 - on Amazon and I had a gift card, lucky me from the holidays. Install = piece of cake and the connection transition is smooth - a perfect match but, the ammo would not cycle properly. I'm a city boy so I'm not in a position to take it to the back yard for testing but all indications are that the spring was weak. I lined it up against the stock spring and it is only 3" longer in total. I reassembled to stock to check the action - perfect - so I ordered a Nordic + 4 spring for just a few bucks and will try and fine tune using that to find the correct length. Springs can be tricky considering wire, wraps, gauge etc. so any thought will be appreciated. My plan is to start long and carefully find the balance of what fits and functions properly. The 8 shot is the longest that Tacstar makes so going to them for help didn't seem like it would do much good - i may make a call just to prove that out.

DHonovich said:
Mossberg 930 Autoloader "heavy walled breacher barrel with heat shield " with a Nordic Components +2 magazine extension and extension cap.
p481302071-4.jpg

p12432865-4.jpg

p368465555-4.jpg

p145693994-4.jpg

p268853455-4.jpg
Now with the stock magazine extension cap on this model does the extension still accommodate 6 rounds of all 3 inch round or do you lose a round in the tube due to the shortness of the cap I'm new to expansions entirely that's why I ask

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Grinnling !!

Back