• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

I can try and test how many 3" will fit but it really depends on the load as there is quite a bit of variation in shell lengths.

Hey guys,

I live in NJ and sold my 930. I had to modify the mag tube to a 4+1 to be legal in NJ before I sold it.
I have the old (still new) +3 choate tube extension, spring etc.. Is it worth anything? It came off a 930 spx.

Thanks

Mag tube extension question

Can anyone tell me who makes this mag tube extension? How many inches is it?

ad1f2abb.jpg

Also, what can you recommend for a pistol grip/stock combo? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Kodiak said:
Looks like it might be a +2 Choate brand.

Awesome, that's the one, thanks for your help.

Mag extension for 930 Field??

I've been playing with the idea that my 930 Field model would pull dual duty as a Field and HD gun.

I'm planning on getting an 18.5" barrel for it but wanted to know if the mag tube is different on my Field model compared to the HD/SPX models and would accept an extension.

How is the Mag cap detent/spring retainer removed from the end of the mag tube?

I'd only be interested in a +2 or +3. Do the Choate/Nordic/S&J extension. Do they load consistently? I recently shot an 870 that the shells would jam where the extension met the mag tube.

Thanks in advance!

- Ed H.

Re: Mag extension for 930 Field??

Hi Ed!

I know the least about the S&J extension, I do however know one of the guys of S&J and know they sell some good stuff.

The Choate has perhaps been the most problematic. But I would say the issues seen are most common on SPX models in which the extension are fab or installed improperly.

The Nordic I feel (just my opinion based on reviews) has been the most reliable.

The mag tube design is the same from one model to the next and will accept extension equally and are interchangable.

As for installation, I couldnt say at all.

The 870 suffers problems I think because of a detent or notch or something that needs to be filed off when adding aftermarket extensions. Newer models may not even have that any longer.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions

Choate +2 extension. 18" barrel.

e0064973.jpg

Installing Ext Mag Tube

I have a Nordic 5 round mag ext with ext end cap.Can anyone tell me how to remove the stock follower and spring to attach the Nordic tube?
Thanks

Re: Installing Ext Mag Tube

Thanks very good video_Once I take the end cap off I want to know how to get the follower off.Mine on the Roadblocker doesnt just pop off like in the video.

What size to cut spring

I just got a Nordic +5 magazine tube extentsion along with a extended cap.The stock spring on the 930 is, 22 1/2 " long.The spring supplied by Nordic is 491/2" long.The extended cap is approx 1" long.Approximately how much spring do I cut off?
Thanks for everyones help.

Re: What size to cut spring

I am sure that someone who has done this conversion will come along soon with the right answer. :)

Intalling the SPX mag extension

Hello people.
I looked through a few pages and couldn't find how to install the magazine extension on my 930 special purpose. At the end of the magazine there is like a cap and it looks to be beveled. I ordered the mag ext from mossberg but it didn't come with a spring or instructions. Over all I'm not pleased at all with mossberg! It took me getting load just to get the parts. They said 6-10 wks, but I got them in 1 week. But no instructions or spring. So any help would be great.

Thanks
Bryan

@hughes4123 The cap needs to be pryed out gently. Sorry to hear you are not pleased with Mossberg but will help you get this extension installed.

Back